smileys

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I've been on internet forums for about 12-13 years and have noticed that the nicer, friendlier forums mostly use friendly smileys. Other forums which use lots of violent and insulting smileys often end up with a much more violent and unfriendly atmosphere on the forum.

This forum seems to be an exception for the most part, but I noticed that about 90% of the smileys are some variation on "FU" or "Kiss My Ass". You don't even have the basic friendly smileys for a smile or wink. Might it be possible to add a few nicer smileys and perhaps delete about 20-30 of the 'kiss my ass' and machine gunning smileys?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I figured I would make a point by using some of the first couple dozen smileys on the editor page. I would post a winking smiley to indicate that I'm just kidding, but alas, we don't have one.
rotz.gif

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Good job finding that one!
smileyworship.gif

I'm going to have to remember the code since I couldn't find it on the KMA smiley page. :thumb2:

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We drive Mustangs and we are mean motherfuckers with appropriate fucking little pictures :pompoms:

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooopppppppps!

I meant :rockon::bong::flip2::victory::buttkick::rock:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I can rock with the best of them. I just have gradually moved to the friendlier forums over the last few years, dropping the ones with too much petty bickering and arguing. I'm no longer interested in proving that I'm right and you're wrong to every single person on the internet.

duty_calls1.png

I was just surprised by the antagonistic nature of the vast majority of smileys here. Reminds me of the idiots on www.arboristsite.com (especially the chainsaw forum).

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can rock with the best of them. I just have gradually moved to the friendlier forums over the last few years, dropping the ones with too much petty bickering and arguing. I'm no longer interested in proving that I'm right and you're wrong to every single person on the internet.

I was just surprised by the antagonistic nature of the vast majority of smileys here. Reminds me of the idiots on www.arboristsite.com (especially the chainsaw forum).

This place has been a lot better in terms of how it treats people than it used to be, believe me. We (the members) have settled down a lot for sure. As a moderator I had a lot more bickering to deal with in the old days. We actually had a section for internet fighting championship (or something loike that). Members would call out another and f with them way past my bed time.

I'll bet we are not your cup of tea. bye :hi:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This forum is for tech information on the S197 Mustangs!!! Everything else is just frosting on the cake but it has grown so much it almost overshadows the Tech section. I would imagine 80% of the posts here don't even use the smileys we already have. You may be happier on another forum.

Earl

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
No need to give me the bum's rush. I fully appreciate the vast tech resources here, and perhaps it may have been more tactful for me to wait until I had more time here before saying anything about this. Nothing quite so irritating as the FNG coming in and telling you how to change your forum. :rant:

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No need to give me the bum's rush. I fully appreciate the vast tech resources here, and perhaps it may have been more tactful for me to wait until I had more time here before saying anything about this. Nothing quite so irritating as the FNG coming in and telling you how to change your forum. :rant:

and saying anything about it... well, we usually don't say anything :whistling:

We're a cool place if you're in the mood for it. I hope you do enjoy over time.

Welcome :hi:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Perhaps I should have used reverse psychology and suggested we add even more violent and offensive smileys? :giveup:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back