soo..how long does my motor have to live!! lol

confuzed

forum member
Reaction score
sooo... i went to dyno my car and maybe tweak my NAWZ tune.
i made 320/333 n/a and......449/513 on the spray. keep in mind this is with a 54/34 jets/ single fogger nozzle setup. spossed to be like 125 shot!! this was 1200psi on bottle, i let it get to 1100 and it made 436/499. my a/f was safe 11.6-11.8. IS THIS TOO MUCH TORQUE FOR STOCK RODS?? i beleive it is, id just like to get sum feed back from the s197 crowd. this was SAE numbers, 5* of timeing removed. peak torque was at 4100rpm.

BTW..i didnt "tweak" anything, im prolly gonna "DE-tweak" the NAWZ.

Last edited:

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
no one here can tell you how long its got to live.it can go on your next pass or 2 years from now.you should had try do pull with a 1000 psi on the bottle.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
What kit are you running? That bottle pressure seems awfully high to me, I thought that 900-950 is where you wanted to be?

Simon

forum member
Reaction score
When you say "NAWZ" it makes you look like a ricer.

You are definately flirting with disaater with the stock motor. WHo knows. It could run forever or one run.

You have tires to keep it on the ground?

confuzed

forum member
Reaction score
When you say "NAWZ" it makes you look like a ricer.

You are definately flirting with disaater with the stock motor. WHo knows. It could run forever or one run.

You have tires to keep it on the ground?

nawz?....it was a joke, thats why its in caps. :beerdrink:
guess this was aimed at more people with expierence with the internals of a 4.6. i know its too much, but whats the rule of thumb for the rods? 450ish is what id think.

to the MODs: a general question about youre engine isnt tech?? :rant:

Last edited:

1fast05

I wanna go fast
Reaction score
Mine lasted I year with the 125 shot , I believe it was 424 hp and 512 tq and the guys running the dyno said they popped their engine with a 75 shot so its a matter of time, Mine broke the number 8 and 4 rods and proceeded to cut the block in half and spit them out each side of the motor

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
nawz?....it was a joke, thats why its in caps. :beerdrink:
guess this was aimed at more people with expierence with the internals of a 4.6. i know its too much, but whats the rule of thumb for the rods? 450ish is what id think.

No it's not. Now, when you blow your engine and need help rebuilding it, then post that in tech.:thumb:

confuzed

forum member
Reaction score
Mine lasted I year with the 125 shot , I believe it was 424 hp and 512 tq and the guys running the dyno said they popped their engine with a 75 shot so its a matter of time, Mine broke the number 8 and 4 rods and proceeded to cut the block in half and spit them out each side of the motor

was any other factors involved? detonation or anything? i sure am gonna hate neutering my lil pony. what jets were you running?

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Maybe they had a hard time reading your ridiculous Engrish. I know I did.

:stoptext:

Answer: no one in the entire world can tell you how long your engine will last. Maybe Baby Jesus, but certainly no one here.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
i would think running that high bottle pressure youre gonna go lean so if you keep that up id say your motor doesnt have much time left. a good safe pressure is usually ~900 psi, though 1100-1200 does hit real good :beerdrink:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
soo..how long does my motor have to live!! lol

Its a guessing game at most. Does it smoke do drugs, history of medical problems, you never know it could get hit by a car lol

But seriously everycar is different and like you already know yes you are pushing the limits and are on "borrowed time" more so with the nitrous just due to the nature of how it works.

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
Back it down and live to fight another day.
Wasn't it last March when we were at State Capital you put some whoop ass on the that GT 500 that got me. You ran 11.4 @ 120mph I think. That is why I run the 75 shot tha puts me at ~380-390 hp and 420 tq. I'm not sure if the 2010's have better rods,piston & crank.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wasn't it last March when we were at State Capital you put some whoop ass on the that GT 500 that got me. You ran 11.4 @ 120mph I think. That is why I run the 75 shot tha puts me at ~380-390 hp and 420 tq. I'm not sure if the 2010's have better rods,piston & crank.

Other than the intake there are no engine differences between the 05-09's and the 2010...wiring colors have changed and locations of some of the equipment has changed but other than that no difference.

confuzed

forum member
Reaction score

yea, ima prolly put in a .050 jet. that should be about 85-90rwhp acc to the coldfusion nitrous site. ive run 123mph but its fairly consistent 120mph. i really didnt think it was making that much torque.

BIGRAY327: :liar: im sorry, im not trying to win a spelling bee or wtf you wanna call it when nerds get together and worry about words n spelling n grammer.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
I say back it down. The 3V motor is notorious for things happening past 400+ RWHP. Sure, some have seen 500+ RWHP and nothing happened. With Nitrous though, a very good tune is in order to prevent disaster, as Nitrous is very tricky to properly setup, even @ low power levels.

At your level, it's only a matter of time. If you are like most of the rich guys that run 500+ RWHP all day, and dont' care about blowing the motor (They have the "I'll just buy a new motor when that happens" mentality) then go for it. If not, play it safe, and you can still enjoy the ride without worrying about destroying the motor dude.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back