Soooooooooooo close to 10.xx

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
INstalled JLT123, VMP BAP and loaded update tune. Startup/idle/accel log is completed. No lean out issues through 5K throttle up, so now it's off to the rollers tomorrow to datalog a WOT pull and see what improvements this made. Then it's over to pick up the 305/40/17 MT ETStreet R's waiting for me, and off to the tire shop to get them mounted and balanced. My wad for the season is shot. Only thing now may be longer rear lug studs, or maybe a pair of Viking dual adj. shocks to replace the Lakewoods. Just depends on how the 60 fts look with the new MT's.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
datalogs on the WOT pull looked good. Picked up a few HP at the wheel. VMP is reviewing the datalog further for purposes of putting a little more timing in down low to get it out of the hole quicker. 305/45/17's (keep getting the side wall size wrong) are in hand and waiting to be mounted. Hoping the temps will drop some on Friday for closer to average air when I going search of the elusive 10.xx. The goal here is to swap wheels, drive to the track, make consistent 10.xx passes in decent air (not just spring and fall air) and do it all on 93 octane, in a full weight car removing nothing except maybe the spare tire and front sway bar.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Been at the track for the past two weeks trying to get some datalogging done and break in a new pair of MT ET R series 305/45/17's. Think I have found the happy spot for my track and my setup after Friday night, though one of the BMR boys disagrees with my tire pressure choice. So if I ever hear back from him on exactly how he achieved the 60ft he claims on 16.5psi tire pressure and basic BMR modifications without going to the extreme with anti roll bars and watts links, I'll try running at 16.5psi and make the adjustments needed per his suggestion to find that awesome 60ft at the local track on my setup as well. Meanwhile back at the corral, VMP Performance has just sent me a new tune revision that should help the car out of the hole better and make the 2-3 shift a smidge higher. With some cooler air in the forecast this week (and maybe a word back from BMR) I am hoping to finally eek out the last few thousandths I have been off to finally punch through this barrier that as of late seems to be made of Titanium. Then its Offroad H pipe/ GT 500 exhaust to mellow the tone a bit, and enjoy until 2017 rolls in with tax return money for the Circle D 3C 258mm Stall Converter.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I cut the sixty foot times I do, and have customers cutting similar - with much much much more power than you are making. That makes a big difference.

Nonetheless, I have about (5) cars going 1.28 - 1.34 sixties with 16.5 PRE BURNOUT on the same tires. ;)

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
sent you a PM for support regarding this claim on another thread you responded to. Being a BMR customer why do I feel like you wish to hold out on me? Kind makes a guy wonder if He should have gone with Brand "M".

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I replied.

You cannot cut 1.2 sixites with your power level.

I was simply saying that, I have found 16.5psi pre burnout to be the best for these tires on multiple combos.

Mid 1.5X sixties is about what I would expect from a good performing car that is close to the 10.9 mark.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for getting back Kelly. Was hoping you were going to throw me some magical bone that along with the tire pressure would make those ET's. I will be thrilled with 1.5x's. Especially at a track where all the serious drivers who compete run bias ply slicks because of how sucky the prep work is there.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got it tonight. 1.62 60 ft. 10.91 @ 127.5

KxljaG6.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back