Spark Plug Removal

RSKtakR

Reaction score
I believe that the shield has separated from the body but the porcelain is keeping it together. There are no helicoils in the heads unless someone already put it there which I doubt.

this is exactly what happend... i took it apart again yesterday, the plug is still in the head, but the threaded part of the spark plug is seperated from the plug itself. i was able to get the drive part of the plug and the threads out, so now there are 2 pieces. lastnight i put some industrial super glue on the threaded part that i can remove and reinstalled it on the plug and tightened it up and let it dry. i called my friend at the service dept of a ford dealership here and he said to run that carbon clean stuff through the motor that mixes w/ the fuel because the carbon around hte plug is what is keeping it in the head still. so i will try and run a tank of that stuff through the motor w/ a tank of gas, then i will buy that other stuff that was mentioned to soak through the topside and HOPEFULLY that will eat enough of that carbon off to release the plug. :handjob: this is such BS.. im REALLY good friends w/ one of the engineeres/designers of this motor that works at ford and i called him the other day and asked him wtf were they thinking and WHY do we only 300hp to. LOL

RSKtakR

Reaction score
well i got home today and tried to pull the plug out.. well everything except the ground strap came out... so i guess im going to buy that tool that was posted on page 1 of this thread.. so how hard is it to get that damn thing out w/ this tool??

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I received my Lisle "made in USA" tool kit in the mail today. It's well made and in a very nice case.

Thanks again Peter. Good find :)

well i got home today and tried to pull the plug out.. well everything except the ground strap came out... so i guess im going to buy that tool that was posted on page 1 of this thread.. so how hard is it to get that damn thing out w/ this tool??

Just get this one! It's a lot cheaper!

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that is what i just bought...:beerchug2:

oh! I'm sorry I wasn;t sure where page 1 was when I posted. I guess this is the thread with the cheaper one listed on page 1 !!!

good man. It looks very durable and a must for us guys to have around. I wish you well. I changed my car plugs out and put anti-seize on them at 7,000 miles BUT have not done the wifes '05. She just rolled 32,000 and I hope like heck I do not need it but I wanted it here for the day I decide to go after it.

I am very interested in how this all owrks so if you can get a picture or two of it in action!

God's speed.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Sorry to drum up an old thread here fellas... but I am getting ready to do this for the first time, and am putting a set of Brisk one piece plugs in as a replacement to the boneheaded engineered 2 pc.

Questions.

Would I still need to coat the shafts with anti-seize when using the Brisk one piece? Common knowledge would say not, because I thought the anti seize helps when you go to remove the plugs again after a while.

Second, I checked with the local dealer and they actually don't carry the Motorcraft PM-3 penetrating lube, is there anything else I can use? PB Blaster, etc?

Anything else I can gain knowledge of, that may help? I have a copy of TSB 08-7-6, so I got all the INFO I need... just brief me, if you dont mind.

Thanks guys!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

trill gear head

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to drum up an old thread here fellas... but I am getting ready to do this for the first time, and am putting a set of Brisk one piece plugs in as a replacement to the boneheaded engineered 2 pc.

Questions.

Would I still need to coat the shafts with anti-seize when using the Brisk one piece? Common knowledge would say not, because I thought the anti seize helps when you go to remove the plugs again after a while.

Second, I checked with the local dealer and they actually don't carry the Motorcraft PM-3 penetrating lube, is there anything else I can use? PB Blaster, etc?

Anything else I can gain knowledge of, that may help? I have a copy of TSB 08-7-6, so I got all the INFO I need... just brief me, if you dont mind.

Thanks guys!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

-No, you only put the anti sieze on the threads so it doesn't get stuck. The one thing you don't want is anti seize getting into your cylinder. If you read the thread you'd know to use PB blaster.

-Take your time...

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
Oh crap i have 47 k and tried to crank on the first one and natta it wont buge so i know its gonna break. isnt this cover nomatter the mileage?

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
How hard are you crankin on it Kyo? It's a little hard to get them moving at first... especially if you are on stock OEM plugs. I just did mine today, and hand to use alot of muscle to get em started. Once you get em started... then that's when you gotta be careful with them.

Amazingly enough... all 8 of mine came out with no issue, and using PB Blaster. Slid right out with a little noise... especially when I would stop turning the ratchet, and then start again, they would pop a bit, but nothing too bad.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
man i was cranking hard. i am hsed to 2v and 4v plugs and i know they get stuck in the aluminum too but these scared me like they were gonna just snap off and then that would suck bad... whats a good replacement plug im gonna spray i thing or a vortech. not sure yet.

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
Just curious, I have 5k miles on the car, but its a 2008(sat in a show room for a year). I believe I have the revised plugs based on the coil pack numbers. Do people still break the plugs even with such little mileage on them?

Defiance GT

forum member
Reaction score
not true the TSB calls for any 08 made before 11/30/07. which mine is a 08 and of course it was made on 11/07

Scrat

forum member
Reaction score
not true the TSB calls for any 08 made before 11/30/07. which mine is a 08 and of course it was made on 11/07

So does that mean we have the two piece design or are we in the clear? mine is an 08 that was made 11/07.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back