Spark Plugs 08-10 3 valve

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
Ngk makes a 1 step cooler plug
Is Brisk the only one that makes 2 & 3 degree cooler spark plugs for the new style 12mm i would have thought someone else would make them by now.
Wish NGK would step up with plugs for higher boost cars.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Are you having detonation issues or looking for cheap insurance? What do you think is the limit for the heat range 7 ngk plugs? IIRC range 6 are stock and 7 are colder.

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
Im running the ngk 7 range plugs i did a plug read it looks ok. I was running brisk 2 range colder but can't find them local also i once ordered a set and there was a bad plug new out of box then had to eliminate to find bad plug it sucked so i have a bad taste with brisk although the last set i had was good and lasted a while. I run 18 psi on street with 93 and meth i run 22 psi race c16 i really think 2 is better for my setup and safer.
I really need to take the time and read the 2 degree cooler plugs and compair.
Thanks

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Im running the ngk 7 range plugs i did a plug read it looks ok but there reading on the hotter side of good yellowish. I was running brisk 2 range colder but can't find them local also i once ordered a set and there was a bad plug new out of box then had to eliminate to find bad plug it sucked so i have a bad taste with brisk although the last set i had was good and lasted a while. I run 18 psi on street with 93 and meth i run 22 psi race c16 i really think 2 is better for my setup and safer.
I really need to take the time and read the 2 degree cooler plugs and compair.
Thanks

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Not too many people read plugs nowadays. I take it that nothing like detonation is going to take you by surprise.

Too bad about the Brisk QC. People have been complaining about it for a few years, I wonder what happened with them?

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Too bad about the Brisk QC. People have been complaining about it for a few years, I wonder what happened with them?
The Aussies on the China bandwagon? Hope not. Too many fuckers on the China bandwagon and the fucking wheels will come off (bandwagon now made in China too). Hate shit from China. All of it.

Yeah, NGK. My Brisk sucked. Bad.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
All the mid 08 up are 1 piece 12mm plugs. The earlier 05-early 08 had the 2 piece. Brisk does not make them for the earlier models. Brisk are shit.

the early head design? the 05- mid 07? they used to - Had two sets for my 06GT

I had good success with the Brisk's in my 06 w/ the Vortech

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
Concur about Brisk plugs, NGK 7554's from Rock Auto FTW!

Yep mines the new style brown boot 12mm plug 08-10 style.
wish some one else would jump on the band wagon and make some 2 + 3 range cooler plugs other than brisk.
I am sure with c16 the ngk 1 range cooler plugs are fine. But when running 93 pump even with meth i feel better with 2 range cooler plug (safer)
I ordered a set of brisk today when your dealing with these high hp cars its not a bad idea to have spare set wish someone would at least put these bitches on sale 16.99 each x 8 + shipping ouch and these are really a twice a year replacement item especially if you have dyno time and racing with some street.

Last edited:

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Yep mines the new style brown boot 12mm plug 08-10 style.
wish some one else would jump on the band wagon and make some 2 + 3 range cooler plugs other than brisk.
I am sure with c16 the ngk 1 range cooler plugs are fine. But when running 93 pump even with meth i feel better with 2 range cooler plug (safer)
I ordered a set of brisk today when your dealing with these high hp cars its not a bad idea to have spare set wish someone would at least put these bitches on sale 16.99 each x 8 + shipping ouch and these are really a twice a year replacement item especially if you have dyno time and racing with some street.

run c anything with lead and you will go thru them much faster.. Great fuel, just hard on the plugs. Last set only got 2k miles with about 30 gallons of C16 thru them. Yes, they fugg you on the plugs too.

Yeah, guess they stopped making the early plugs a while back. Only options I found for the early heads were the FRPP (ONLY sold in sets of 8) and the HTO's. My NGK guy could not get any for the early model. Maybe they did not want to build a stupid designed plug lol.. Maybe brisk thought the same. HTO pretty much has the market dominated but are at least a good plug.

I wish NGK would make a set in a 8IX also (two heat ranges colder).. but they don't. I buy them for my quads in a br8hix.. Excellent product

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
Brisk XOR12YS 2 degree cooler plugs installed gaped em at .027 test drove runs like a raped ape!
Have had good luck now on last two sets of brisk hopefully i won't have any more issues receiving bad plugs from them. :)

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back