~Spoiler Delete~

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Whats the best way you guys/gals have found to fill the holes. I've been waiting for years to swap with someone and it's just not going to happen. Untell I can make myself pay about $300 to get it the holes filled and painted I have done like most others and just put the plastic hole plugs in. There HAS to be a better way!!

Check this guys fix.
http://forums.themustangsource.com/f691/how-i-deleted-my-spoiler-447449/

I want something paintable and flush.

I recently got these and hate them.
IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
You could trade it in on a Bullitt. ;)

(Why do 95% of the lousy smileys on this forum indicate violence or insults?)

snoxracer183

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah those chrome hole filler things you have now look like hell. I don't know the answer to your problem, but there has to be something better than those

xmalachi

forum member
Reaction score
Are you trying to come up with a permanent solution to avoid spending the $300?

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Just nut up and have it done right. That's what I did and have never regretted it.

<---- :wt:---

I want to be a cheap ass for the time being...

you wouldn't think finding a redfire wrecked v6 without a spoiler would be so damn hard but it is.

:rant: I curse the Ford designer that came up with that ugle ass spoiler

Last edited:

xmalachi

forum member
Reaction score
Not permanent just something better than what 80% of the people that take there spoilers off are doing.

Gotcha, I'll see if I can run anything down. I'm with you on the trying to find a better way to do it. I'm just not convinced that the nylon plugs are going to keep water out. They may do a great job for all I know but I'm just not comfortable with that solution.

Kadorja

FNG
Reaction score
Im probably doing the nylon plugs. Sand the tops, paint to match and then throw some silicone gasket sealer on and try to keep it as clean as possible.

Can you test it out and see if it leaks? Wait for the gasket sealer to dry up and then run a hose over it for a while. If it holds up to a garden hose for a minute I think a little rain would be alright.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
What part of OK are you in. I know a guy in north central TX that was talking a while back about wanting a spoiler for his 06, redfire V6. He's a cheap ass so if it cost him any out of pocket he's not gonna go for it. So, I don't know how far your willing to go to get one. Do you still have your factory spoiler, in good shape? If so, I'll give him a call and get back to ya. He up around the Waco area. You'd probably have to go to him.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
You should be able to easily re-drill the Sirius antenna holes. No biggie if they aren't perfect since they are well covered up anyway.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
What part of OK are you in. I know a guy in north central TX that was talking a while back about wanting a spoiler for his 06, redfire V6. He's a cheap ass so if it cost him any out of pocket he's not gonna go for it. So, I don't know how far your willing to go to get one. Do you still have your factory spoiler, in good shape? If so, I'll give him a call and get back to ya. He up around the Waco area. You'd probably have to go to him.

GET OUT OF TOWN!!! I'll drive to his front door take and swap them myself!! Let me know

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Im probably doing the nylon plugs. Sand the tops, paint to match and then throw some silicone gasket sealer on and try to keep it as clean as possible.

Can you test it out and see if it leaks? Wait for the gasket sealer to dry up and then run a hose over it for a while. If it holds up to a garden hose for a minute I think a little rain would be alright.

I did this samething thing and never had a problem with leaks. but check out those plugs I posted they are sealed plugs.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
GET OUT OF TOWN!!! I'll drive to his front door take and swap them myself!! Let me know

Waiting for him to call me back. If I wouldn't have put that damn ducktail spoiler on mine like 3 days before he bought his, you wouldn't even be getting this chance, cause I would of already traded him. My loss. lol

I'll let ya know as soon as he gets back with me.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score

Talking to him now, he said he would go for it. He said he might even meet ya somewhere, but I don't want to commit him to anything so, I'll PM you his cell# and you and him can hash it out.

Good luck with the deal.

I'm glad I could help you and him out to get your stangs the way you want.

Kyle

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Talking to him now, he said he would go for it. He said he might even meet ya somewhere, but I don't want to commit him to anything so, I'll PM you his cell# and you and him can hash it out.

Good luck with the deal.

I'm glad I could help you and him out to get your stangs the way you want.

Kyle

Thanks agian Kyle.

jmstang66

Mayhem Mustang Winner
Reaction score
I did a spoiler delete on my 98 a few years ago, I just got the plastic plugs from Advance, painted them to match the car, and siliconed them from the inside and they worked perfectly...no water leaks and could barely tell they were there

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back