spoiler deleted

sgbruton

forum member
Reaction score
so i was playing around with the idea of deleting my stock spoiler, so i painted it away in the picture, let me know what you think.
gray car 010.jpg

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Im a fan of the Spoiler delete, wanted to do it when i had a GT but its alot of work to justify.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Personally, I don't like the spoiler delete look. Even though that's what mine is. It looks unfinished. One of these days when I se aside the coin, I'll have one of the factory spoilers put on.

sgbruton

forum member
Reaction score
thanks guys, i think im gonna do it, im just not sure how difficult it will be to fill in the holes

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
One of these days when I se aside the coin, I'll have one of the factory spoilers put on.

Wouldn't it be easier to find someone to trade trunk lids with? I'm sure there's no shortage of takers...

OP,
Car looks killer. Don't personally care for white cars but yours is suh-weeeet!

Gerardo

Last edited:

sgbruton

forum member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier to find someone to trade trunk lids with? I'm sure there's no shortage of takers...

OP,
Car looks killer. Don't personally car for white cars but yours is suh-weeeet!

Gerardo

thanks,
that actually might be easier but then i would have to repaint the whole thing instead of just matching a small area, and the stripes are a custom color which is gonna be a pain to match.

having said that would anyone be willing to trade trunk lids who already doesnt have a spoiler?

Last edited:

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
thanks,
that actually might be easier but then i would have to repaint the whole thing instead of just matching a small area, and the stripes are a custom color which is gonna be a pain to match.

I wonder if a blacked out lid would look good... Maybe a factory black one? I did a factory one on my torch red stang and the response here was good.

Gerardo

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
All for it!

I don't think there is a spoiler that looks 'right' on the 05-09 body style. The Roush looks decent from certain angles, but that's about it..

sgbruton

forum member
Reaction score
@06torch, i really wanna keep my stripes the way they are i think. i dont want to do a black out one because my car is white with gray stripes and matching gray wheels and i think black would look kinda funny being mixed in there.

do you have pics of yours with the blackout lid? cause it sounds pretty sick on a torch car

Last edited:

sgbruton

forum member
Reaction score
All for it!

I don't think there is a spoiler that looks 'right' on the 05-09 body style. The Roush looks decent from certain angles, but that's about it..

agreed i love the roush spoiler on roush's and a lot of people have the ducktail, the GT500 one looks nice, but i just cant seem to find one i really want

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Spoiler delete's look the best! Get rid of that dang spoiler!

sgbruton

forum member
Reaction score
^ i like it but i think i want a change. here i chopped another picture,

do yall still think it looks good??

IMG_8233.jpg

sgbruton

forum member
Reaction score
yea dude it looks badass!, do it! i cant wait to do mine, you gonna use plugs an just paint em?

im not sure how im going to patch the holes,

i was going to ask how would be the best way to do it

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
im not sure how im going to patch the holes,

i was going to ask how would be the best way to do it

Take it to a shop and have them give you a quote on it. I had my trunk holes, third brake light, rear GT emblem holes, side GT emblem holes, and the antenna hole all filled. They had templates welded out for all the holes and I'm assuming bondo for the rest around the edges. Not going to lie though, it can be an expensive process to do, but not to bad if you just get the trunk holes filled.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back