Sport vs Ultralite Springs

solaratomic

forum member
Reaction score
Steeda Steve,
Trying to decide on springs, from what everyone says steedas are the way to go for ride quality...
From the pictures I've seen it looks as though the ultralites don't lower the front of the car very much and they still maintain some of the rake. Although the sports seem to lower it nicely all the way around and level it out. First Question: Is this just optical illusions from bad angle photos or am I correct?
My Goal is to level the car without a violent drop, as in I don't want to have to buy a lot of extra parts to get the suspension geometry correct, (As you can tell by my sig I'm a fireman so money trickles rather than flows), also maintaining ride quality would also be an added bonus. I will be keeping the OEM dampners at least for now. Car is a daily driver. I don't mind giving up some ride for handling but I would also like to keep my vertebrae intact. I live in Southeast alabama and the majority of the roads around here suck. I am running 19x9s with 255/40/19s.
Second Question: What is the best option (ultralite or sport) to accomplish my goals?
Thanks,
Jack

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
As a fellow smoke eater I will weigh in with my personal experience. I run the Ultralites for over 30k miles. It lowered the front approx 7/8" and rears were between 1" and 1.25". Ride really didnot suffer, handling improved. I do believe it accelerated the slow death of my stock rear shocks. It was a great investment, and would purchase them again. Hope that helps and stay safe brother.

stang910

forum member
Reaction score
I'll try and help you out here. I've had the ultralites for about 15,000 miles with the stock dampners and the ride quality is close to stock. IMO the front is where you can notice the drop the most. The rear didn't seem to drop that much and I'd actually like to have it lower in the rear, but wouldn't give up any of the ride quality to do it. From how I understand it the sport springs are gonna have a more harsh ride.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back