Sprk plugs: What is available for turbo 4.6>

INTRUDER

Reaction score
Maybe he should go back to sitting on the porch in his rocking chair yelling at the "little kids" for riding their bikes. Maybe one of them will throw the right fucking spark plug at him.

1. I don't throw rocks at little kids, I use a Fully auto Paint gun.

2. If they did throw the right plug , it would be more help than I got here today.
3.The problems are that paint balls are getting expensive and it would take at least 1 kid a day times 8 days to collect that many plugs.
4.What are the odds the the little rug rats would all throw the right plug?
5.I'm running out of room in the back 40 for shallow graves.

INTRUDER

Reaction score
apology

Everyone just dial it back a few notches, no need for all the animosity and BS.

I would like to officially make a formal apology to Lightblade "Jeremy".
Here it is....
I am sorry If I offended you or insulted you.

I am not mad at all.
I thought that my response would be taken as a humorous response to a short yet funny non-answer.

In my defense ... When S197 first came on line, it was all about going sick fast in new Mustangs. The men and women on this board lived , breathed, ate, slept and dreamed about FAST MUSTANGS. When I first joined this forum in March 2007 if you asked a question in the TECH SECTION it was treated as if it was a sacred rite.

As of late the non-useful responses far out way and out number the useful ones.

So when it comes from a guy like you, a guy that goes out of his way to help people, a guy who is a great source of S197 turbo knowledge - well any way.

Please except my apology.
And I still think my response was funny.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
next time add a smiley :poke:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL, no offense man.

First of all, which spark plug should i use is in no way a tech thread, Mods already fixed that.

Theres is enough info on this forum to write on a novel on spark plugs.

I did a search for keywords spark plugs and turbo and came up with over 400 threads just in the tech section alone.

I will perform the search for you so you just have to click on a few threads and read.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2496106

If you are still unable to find your answer you could ask in a non tech section hey i have read/seacrhed alot and still dont know what plugs to get, and then people will regurgitate the information for you that is already in all those other threads.

Last edited:

INTRUDER

Reaction score
poke

next time add a smiley :poke:

next time add a smiley :poke: :poke:

so... you should have done this?:idea:

I have extended a full apology to Lightblade and I sincerely hope he excepts it.

So the following comment reflect an overall observation not a personal attack.

I can see the humor in making comments in lets say the PIT STOP, KILLS, PICS & VIDEOS, CHIT CHAT and PIMP IT!. Have all the fun you want.
Pull pranks, tell jokes, call each other names and make all the non-useful comments you want.

But I strongly feel that the TECH SECTION should be above that.
TECH should be about TECH and only TECH.
There should be two options in TECH; answer the question and be of help or NOT.
If you want to be the first to do the MODS job and tell someone to search, why not take the same amount of time and point someone to the right information.
When the need to post non-useful comments out-ways the want to help fellow "Stangers, there is something wrong.
Again, I apologies to all involved. Thank you for your time.

and I STILL think my list was funny!:roflmao:

INTRUDER

Reaction score
dude

LOL, no offense man.

First of all, which spark plug should i use is in no way a tech thread, Mods already fixed that.

Theres is enough info on this forum to write on a novel on spark plugs.

I did a search for keywords spark plugs and turbo and came up with over 400 threads just in the tech section alone.

I will perform the search for you so you just have to click on a few threads and read.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2496106

If you are still unable to find your answer you could ask in a non tech section hey i have read/seacrhed alot and still dont know what plugs to get, and then people will regurgitate the information for you that is already in all those other threads.

Thanks

Plugs for our cars in a nut shell lol.

The oem 05 to mid 08 16mm plugs had a 2-piece cooper core and copper sheath that would corrode over time, fuze togther and casue the plug to break when trying to remove.

Brisk are hit or miss. Main issue is them fouling quick. and they are the most $$$ of them all.

Champions are comple junk. Dont even bother.

Ngk mixed reviews but decent(new style heads 12mm).

Autolite most popular/succesful for the (early style head 16mm only). First to come out with the nickel plated sheaths that prevent the corrosion and fuzing issue associated with the oem 2 piece plugs. Never seen an issue with this on an autolite.

Also the redesigned 3v0 motorcraft plugs have gone to a nickle plating like the hto's.

Dude, YOU wrote this! Why couldn't you just link me to this.:thumb2:
Would have saved a lot of energy. Why I oughta ......:thanks1:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The search functions works!!!

I get tired or having to rewrite it over and over sometimes. Its not that i didnt want to help you, its just i knew the answer was a few clicks away.

I know you know your way around the board so i was a bit suprised to see you make a tech thread on what plugs to use.

Glad you found your answer.

Now that this is in the chit chat section if you have any more questions, ask away.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I was going to get the FRPP plugs one range colder but decided to go with the HT0s since I found them a little cheaper. Sorry if my previous comments got you worked up, it is hard to judge humor on a computer screen. BTW, sounds like you have an animal of a car(wish my turbo mustang was going to be that fast).

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Also, how long have you had the turbos on your car. If you have been running boost already for awhile which plugs were you using?

INTRUDER

Reaction score
plugs

Also, how long have you had the turbos on your car. If you have been running boost already for awhile which plugs were you using?
The turbos were up and running in August. It has been a three year long On again OFF again love affair with a really HOT Super Model Mustang.
When she is bad it sucks!!!
When she is REALLY BAD.....WOW.... she's amazing.
Smoking M/T street drag 305/50/18 at 30 mph is a totally unreal and unnerving feeling.

I'm using the HTO right now.
At present I am adding the JPC HIGH RISE manifold and 80# injectors.
(see pics below)

P.S. I still think my post was funny!!!
Pic #1 is the new manifold throttle body combo
pic#2 is a few weeks old motor is MUCH MUCH neater and cleaner now
pic#3 is just after the installation

For now..... I'm going to tune the car with a new set of HTO's.
When it is safely tuned and running smooth, I will upgrade to the Brisk plugs and re-tune it.

Also there is an online news article written about my car. On it are about 100 photos my teen daughter snapped.
goto:
http://www.stangpit.com/2005-ford-mustang-gtt-makes-700-hp-at-rear-wheels/1036/

Thanks for asking and I'm looking forward to hearing your comments.

Attachments

• JPC Manifold with TB.jpg
    JPC Manifold with TB.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 8
  • twins pic.jpg
    twins pic.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Twin turbo installed  oct 10.JPG
    Twin turbo installed oct 10.JPG
    407.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Awesome car man and love that new intake! good luck with the car!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea, Jeremy that's why I ask!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea, Jeremy that's why I ask!

I know lol, i thought about trying out the 305/45/18's when my nittos wear out, but not sure how they will clear the fenders, my nitto 305/40/18's already fill out the wheel well pretty good. Wouldnt mind the taller tire for the turbo though.

Back