Spydershaft Driveshaft Install!

kena

forum member
Reaction score
Just got word back from Leanord Racing that the V6 Auto is a direct replacement with no need for the pinion flange.

:thumb:

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Need Pinion Bolts

Can you say "Back From the Dead"? Anyway, after about 4 years since I took the Spyder off, I'm going to put it back on (long story). I thought I lost the companion flange, but I found it, however, I don't have the 4 bolts anymore. Does anyone know the measurements/specs for these bolts? Hopefully I can just get them at Lowe's or another hardware store. Any help is appreciated. :helpme:

Last edited:

Stang 23

forum member
Reaction score
Just installed this driveshaft a little over a month ago and im having problems with it rubbing. Its rubbing on the tunnel near the middle of the car like where the center console is. The car is lowered on aftermarket shocks/struts and sportline springs. Adjusted pinion angle but still doesn't create clearance. Anyone else run into this problem? Any solution other than switching to a 3.5" shaft?

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just re-installed mine. I have Steeda Ultra Light springs which drop the rear about 1 1/2" and the front about 1" and I don't have any clearance issues. What springs do you have?

I'm sure you have it right, but make sure it's installed correctly, i.e., it tappers from the front to the back. It may be rubbing on the e-brake bracket...some folks have had to relocate it. Lastly, you said you checked your pinion angle, but may want to triple check that.

Stang 23

forum member
Reaction score
I'm on sportline springs which is a big drop. No it's not rubbing on the ebrake cable. I've already had it up on a lift. It's rubbing on the tunnel and put two rub marks next to each other on the DS. And it's definitely installed correctly. Today I had a new pinion seal put in cuz from rubbing on the bottom of the car it was causing a little bit of vibration and caused the seal to go bad. It never leaked before this DS. And for the pinion angle I was told that even with the adjustment done it still wasn't creating enough clearance. So not sure what to do. Either I pound on my floorboard which I'm not crazy about at all or I switch to a 3.5" DS

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back