SR Performance Throttle Body Spacer

PvilleStang

Your tax dollars at work!
Reaction score
So, I'm just curious of any of you have actually bought one. American Muscle Site

To me, it seems like complete snake oil crap, and the reviews to where someone can tell 2.5% delta in HP using a butt dyno is complete bullshit. And to be able to essentially "rifle" the air flow in a matter of an inch or so spacing seems a very far stretch, and if anything this may hinder airflow if the ID is less than that of the TB. I'd hate to think they're selling shams over that way, but this one is pushing it.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
The only reason to ever use a spacer is if you're adapting a throttle body or something.
they don't do shit. But people will still buy them.

PvilleStang

Reaction score
The only reason I would see it necessary is if you need to displace your intake towards the front of the car to avoid rubbing on the belts. But then I see this asinine claim of 10hp and 10 ft*lbs for a simple bolt on...

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
LOL....don't know, but it is there.

Easy to install took about 15 minutes and I love it gives a nice whistle when you accelerate. It's hard to tell how much the performance gain is but it's there, yes I recommend this product

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think you should install it, put some magnets on your fuel line, a tornado thing in your air intake, and dump some Z-Max in your crankcase. You'd gain at least -8 horsepower by doing all that!

JohnRichard

Reaction score
Off topic... I like this forum, letters in words don't get changed with asterisk... question, if someone is acting like an asshole and you let them know do you get scalded for telling that user in the same thread they are acting like asshole?

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
Off topic... I like this forum, letters in words don't get changed with asterisk... question, if someone is acting like an asshole and you let them know do you get scalded for telling that user in the same thread they are acting like asshole?

This is not tech.....asshole!....lol

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I do remember searching the net a couple years back when I first got my 12 GT. I was trying to find out if these spiral spacers actually did anything. One of the threads did have a college/university perform a study on these hurricane monsters. They came to the conclusion that it does not help for FI motors due to when the fuel/air mixing is done, and the way the air ducting is setup. Carb'd motors would only see any kind of benefit from it.

Even for the most benefit out of FI motors, the intake airflow would have to be as straight and direct as possible with these spacers. Just for grins, when they tested it on a late model FI vehicle (I think it was a 07/08 model at the time), for a ~$100 spacer, they actually saw a net LOSS for both HP and Torque.

If I had to spend $100+ for a performance loss, then I'll add a refrigerator in the trunk. At least then, I can stock some beer.

PvilleStang

Reaction score
I do remember searching the net a couple years back when I first got my 12 GT. I was trying to find out if these spiral spacers actually did anything. One of the threads did have a college/university perform a study on these hurricane monsters. They came to the conclusion that it does not help for FI motors due to when the fuel/air mixing is done, and the way the air ducting is setup. Carb'd motors would only see any kind of benefit from it.

Even for the most benefit out of FI motors, the intake airflow would have to be as straight and direct as possible with these spacers. Just for grins, when they tested it on a late model FI vehicle (I think it was a 07/08 model at the time), for a ~$100 spacer, they actually saw a net LOSS for both HP and Torque.

If I had to spend $100+ for a performance loss, then I'll add a refrigerator in the trunk. At least then, I can stock some beer.

This actually was started for a purpose, and this is as close as I've seen to an answer. But it was also kind of tongue in cheek since I saw some awesome directions this could be taken. But I still think:

myth-busted.jpg

kona302

forum member
Reaction score
I'm certain it will make a whistling sound. A friend some time ago put one in his g35. It was amusing for sure and sounds kinda of like a fake turbo.

Drkmrkiv

forum member
Reaction score
I love how these threads pop up every month or so.

I get it though.

The price, ease of installation and promise of *some* gains are alluring.

But it's all BS

fwd2rwd

forum member
Reaction score
I have one but only because it cost me $20 and I said sure why not. I haven't noticed one bit of difference other than it now makes my Airaid intake rub on the coolant tank lol.

JimC

Reaction score
I've always wondered at the people who buy them and then swear that they do feel all kinds of "powah' from it. If using a 1/2" spacer does so much, then why not use a 12" spacer and get "mo mo mo powah"!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back