Steam after WOT in defrost vent?

Ivan 5.0

Still learning...
Reaction score
Its happened to me a couple times what it cool and humid out and the AC/heat was turned off.

I could see some condensation above the defrost vents on the windshield.

Happens to me when its humid out and I let the car idle (or turn it off) after a drive - I'll see some condensation above the defrost vents on the windshield. Car seems normal.

BSell

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah that is what I'm thinking. I know he said no A/C but if you had used it earlier, that may have been why.

When I was driving back from NJ I used the A/C part of the way as it was REALLY humid last weekend. Long story short I flicked it off and put the windows down. The natural tendency of air coming through the vents even though the HVAC was turned off caused condensation to build up inside of them behind the dash to the point where 'steam' was coming out of them at highway speeds of 80+. It was just noticeable, but when I stuck my finger inside of my vents it was actually WET with condensation.

I'd check the evaporator drain tube to ensure it is open and passes water freely. Don't want that moisture breeding mold in your ventilation system...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back