Steeda Now Taking Orders for the Cam Idle Tune

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals,

We are now taking orders for the Cam Idle Tunes. Please give us a call at 1-800-950-0774 to place an order or if you have any questions.

Thank You

TJ

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Here is a video of the tune that is better quality than the previous one we had. This car is a bone stock 2012 that we just threw the tune in to show the idle. I think you can hear it better than our other video even though the exhaust is stock.

We are working on a video with cam idle on a car with exhaust, its just the car and the video camera are not in the same spot right now.

http://youtu.be/c4qrA_kkSss

Thank You

TJ

Last edited:
S

Steedagus

Performance changes are made just like the rest of our performance tunes to give it good all around performance.

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Here is an update from a member at mustangforums regarding the Cam Idle Tune:

Fordplay has this to say- "OK, first off steeda did not pay me to say anything, OK now I've only had a few hours with it but the idle... wow shakes the car !! Nicely it clicks in and out smoothly and flawlessly,second the normal tune is more explosive than bama race tune, again, only the first night driving it but wow.. also zero smell after 10 minutes idle, most important its makes me smile just thinking about driving it,

Also he followed up with this- "OK so day 2, visited my friend with a 69 camaro running a cammed 454, he could not tell the difference, he swore it was a cam which was fun, I told him it was just a tune ... eventually. Next the performance side the revs appear to not drop between shifts which not only provide a smoother shift but a faster one also, the car also has more effortless acceleration..over all thank you steeda this is a quality tune. Most times after buying something you get a buyer remorse, not with this"

Best Regards,

TJ

Dirt Holden

Reaction score
Hey guys, got a couple questions for ya.

My setup: Steeda CAI/Corsa Extreme Axleback/93 OCT Race Cam-Lope Tune

I am noticing 2 things. First, when flashing, I have tinkered with the user ajustable settings "idle rpm dry/idle rpm nuetral". I think I am hearing a difference in the lope as I adjust these settings up or down. Would that adjustment make any difference to the tune? Or am I just hearing things in my head again. lol.

Second. I have a half dozen tunes. This is the only one that does the following...
After shifting into gear (any gear it seems) and hitting WOT...well about a half second later I get this extra lurch of power. My novice experience, I can't tell if my car is having trouble with smooth power delivery, or maybe this is a unique characteristic of the steeda tune because you guys have added some extra bit of power where my other tuners haven't.

My tune feels just as powerful as all the others, just it seems to punch it just a little extra at about 4.5-5k rpm in any gear. Hey, i'm not really complaining as it is a very fun tune to drive. I just want to be sure that it is supposed to do that and I don't have a problem!

Last edited:
S

Steedagus

Hey guys, got a couple questions for ya.

My setup: Steeda CAI/Corsa Extreme Axleback/93 OCT Race Cam-Lope Tune

I am noticing 2 things. First, when flashing, I have tinkered with the user ajustable settings "idle rpm dry/idle rpm nuetral". I think I am hearing a difference in the lope as I adjust these settings up or down. Would that adjustment make any difference to the tune? Or am I just hearing things in my head again. lol.

Second. I have a half dozen tunes. This is the only one that does the following...
After shifting into gear (any gear it seems) and hitting WOT...well about a half second later I get this extra lurch of power. My novice experience, I can't tell if my car is having trouble with smooth power delivery, or maybe this is a unique characteristic of the steeda tune because you guys have added some extra bit of power where my other tuners haven't.

My tune feels just as powerful as all the others, just it seems to punch it just a little extra at about 4.5-5k rpm in any gear. Hey, i'm not really complaining as it is a very fun tune to drive. I just want to be sure that it is supposed to do that and I don't have a problem!

Changing the idle RPM will have an effect on the lope, not because of cam timing, but because a higher/lower engine speed will change the frequency of the lope.

On your second description we are not sure what you mean by that. It almost sounds like you are just feeling the surge in power coming on. Although throttle response is instant, there may be a slight delay before you feel full torque if you are below the RPM range where peak torque occurs. I'm just guessing based on your description though. Hard to say unless we drove it ourselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dirt Holden

Reaction score
Changing the idle RPM will have an effect on the lope, not because of cam timing, but because a higher/lower engine speed will change the frequency of the lope.

So yea, I have done some testing and the frequency/sound does differ as you modify the idle speed. The tune I received was set at 730rpm. I think for most people, that is gonna be spot on. Maybe one notch less for cat-less.

On your second description we are not sure what you mean by that. It almost sounds like you are just feeling the surge in power coming on. Although throttle response is instant, there may be a slight delay before you feel full torque if you are below the RPM range where peak torque occurs. I'm just guessing based on your description though. Hard to say unless we drove it ourselves.

I have since loaded up a current bama and lund tune. Neither one exhibit what I am feeling. If I had to guess, I'd say the steeda tune is making more power mid and top.

Onefstpny

Reaction score
Quick question....

I've been very impressed with your testing and 'refining' your tunes for the M6 cars but have you had the same success with the A6 cars ? I recently sold my M6 and bought an A6 car and been looking at Steeda for a tune/cai.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back