Steeda's New S197 Driveshaft Loop

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
New item available for all the racers out there! Shoot me a PM if you're interested:

steeda_drive_shaft_loop_175.jpg

555-5076
Steeda Driveshaft Safety Loop - '05-'09 $229.95
1x1_spacer.gif

Product Details
made_usa.gif
If you're running full drag slicks, you need Steeda's new Driveshaft Safety Loop. This NHRA compliant safety device keeps the driveshaft from digging into the ground and reduces the chance of cockpit entry in the event of a driveshaft breakage.

The rear support of the twin rail design makes it stronger than the cantilever design of the competition. Because it installs onto existing hardware, there's no need to drill holes in the floorpan or remove your interior. It'll clear a 4" driveshaft and works with both 1- and 2-piece driveshafts. Best of all, the 2-piece loops mean you don't have to drop your driveshaft to install it.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice...pricey, but nice. Does the front end bolt to the tranny support brace? What's it made out of and how much does it weigh? Thx...

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
Nice...pricey, but nice. Does the front end bolt to the tranny support brace? What's it made out of and how much does it weigh? Thx...

I know everyone likes information on this site, so here goes.

The loops are 1/4" x 2" mild steel per the NHRA rulebook. The attachment brackets are 1/8" and 3/16" mild steel. The tubing is 1" x .065 chromoly per the NHRA rulebook (exceeds it, actually).
It weighs 19.5 lbs. It's 1.8 lbs heavier than BMR but has a stronger twin-rail design rather than the cantilever design of all other bolt-on ones we've seen. It's probably lighter than Granatelli though we have not weighed a Granatelli. A guy with a 1-piece driveshaft can automatically save 2.9 lbs by leaving off the rear loop and hardware. If they were willing to permanently modify it (not that we are condoning the practice), they could save an additional 2.75 lbs by cutting off everything behind the rear floorpan bracket (only applies to 1-piece drivesahfts, of course).
:beer:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Thanks for all the details, Steve. :thumb: And that's a unique look to a DSL.

p.s. I wonder how long it will be before GMS has one that looks exactly like that. :wtf:

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
p.s. I wonder how long it will be before GMS has one that looks exactly like that. :wtf:

They took all the little Chinese kids off the Nike assembly line, and they're working 24 hour shifts on it right now.

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
LMAO Steve I feel you.
That thing looks badass, I'd like to get one and give it a whirl.
That looks like something that belongs on the Starship Enterprises' driveshaft.

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
LMAO Steve I feel you.
That thing looks badass, I'd like to get one and give it a whirl.
That looks like something that belongs on the Starship Enterprises' driveshaft.

Well, it was made with metal from the Death Star, that's how baller it is.

Back