Strang hop at low RPM

shawn13

forum member
Reaction score
OK, Im getting ready to tear into it !! What Im looking for is whats making the rear of the car hop at low speeds (20 - 40 )and low RPMs . If I bring the RPMs up or speed up it feels like it goes away and I did change tires and does the same with both sets . Any and all advice is welcome.

jonnieguns

forum member
Reaction score
Are you talking about wheel hop? Easily fixed with lower control arms

jonnieguns

forum member
Reaction score
If you're lowered, you need LCA relocation brackets in addition to the LCAs

97camastang06

forum member
Reaction score
Not always, a buddy tommy has the gt500 kr susp. and he didnt need relocation brackets or lca's, never had wheel hop in his life with or without the work done.

jonnieguns

forum member
Reaction score
I'm confused. Did you just +1 LCAs, and then respond with "you don't always need them"?

97camastang06

forum member
Reaction score
When lowering you dont always need to do the relocation ( different subject lol). if you have wheel hop in general yes do the lca+uca if possible.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I'm not lowered and I get wheel hop when there is lack of traction.

I was gonna just wait and get new tires but now I'm interested. What exactly do I need to fix this?

jonnieguns

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not lowered and I get wheel hop when there is lack of traction.

I was gonna just wait and get new tires but now I'm interested. What exactly do I need to fix this?

Wheel hop occurs when your lower control arms flex under load. This causes your tires to lose and regain traction repeatedly, resulting in the hop. Just look for an anti-wheel hop kit.

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
I just did LCAs and BAM my wheel hop was gone lol. And i'm lowered quite a bit. I did the relo brackets just for added traction it wasn't for wheel hop

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I just did LCAs and BAM my wheel hop was gone lol. And i'm lowered quite a bit. I did the relo brackets just for added traction it wasn't for wheel hop

Which ones did you get? And did you get adjustable or non-adjustable LCAs?

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Which ones did you get? And did you get adjustable or non-adjustable LCAs?

I got the steeda non adjustable I found them on ebay for like 110 bucks. They look good and work well man. You don't necessarily need adjustable LCAs if you are tryin to fix a pinion angle you just need the adjustable UCA and the only reason you would need to fix the pinion is if you get an aftermarket 1 piece driveshaft in case you didn't know

Kraftsman

forum member
Reaction score
WTF? no one who posted in this thread helped the OP

I noticed that too,
To OP, is it a fast hop or like a bounce in the suspension? If its a bounce I'm thinking shocks could be bad, if its a fast hop maybe an off balance wheel, but that would get progressively faster with speed.

Edit: off balance wheel would be more of a shake though. You said the whole back of the car hops. Its gotta be suspension related.

sent from my Droid Incredible.

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
He probably has a bent axle or something hell idk what it is lol sorry that I am not of much help but I have never heard of this problem therefore I cannot help too much

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
I think you should put it up on jack stands and spin the back wheels in the air and simulate what you're talking about and see if anything is off and if the wheels are bouncing. Thats the best I can think of :beer:

DAV.TUK

forum member
Reaction score
I had a thread about this bounce or jittery feeling through the drive train at low RPM not too long ago. I had my car checked out by the local Speed Shop and for some reason or another our cars( I have an 08, seems to happen more with 07 up more they said) have that jitter or bounce feeling to them unless we give a little more RPM when pulling from the clutch or when RPM's get low in a gear and we try to get back on the gas. I hope this helps. May be the same thing or may not. Thought I would say something sense I think we are talking about the same thing.

Back