Strut tower brace and supercharger clearance

Hbaum38486

Reaction score
message for blueone and silent scope

Blueone and silent scope .I have a 2008 Shelby Gt with a Kenne Bell 2.6 .Im looking for a strut brace to fit. From reading this a Bullitt STB will work. Where can I buy one? i have been looking and having trouble finding one. Is it a certain model #? I found this one on ebay and the compatiablity chart says it wont fit a 2008 Shelby GT Call me please or message me or this thread Thank you Harold 816-590-4016 The link below is the Bullitt I found that says doesn't fit

http://www.yatesperformance.com/dt2...ntent=DT2100&gclid=CMmbwN7KsNMCFQMxaQod3EsEgA

Hbaum38486

Reaction score
Blueone and silent scope can you contact me I'm trying to find that Bullitt STB for my Shelby w/ Kenne Bell 2.6 .HELp!! Thanks Harold at 816-590-4016

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
The Bullitt STB will fit all factory V6/GT and Shelby GT plenums.. However they will not clear with a Kenne Bell nor with any other S/C, as they were not designed for supercharger applications.. I suggest that you consider looking into the aftermarket as an alternative..

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
I've modified two STB's for guys to get them to fit their particular setups.

Basically, cut welds, add or remove arch to the lateral brace section and re-welded to the strut sections. It's simple enough however, it does take some time to get all the mock-up correct and then weld the parts back together.

Something to consider.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I thought there were a couple of STB's that would fit with the blower but then won't fit under the stock hood. Steeda pops into my head.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
The 07-09 GT500 STB will also clear roots and whipple blowers, but will require modifications to clear stock GT hoods..

Hbaum38486

Reaction score
Strut Bracefits over a Kenne Bell 2.6 Supercharger

Has anyone ever been able to find a Strut brace that fits over a Kenne Bell 2.6l supercharger? I was told a Bullitt STb will work. Help Please

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
You've already been told by 2 different people that a bullitt STB will not fit over a supercharger without modifications, but yet you ask the same question twice.. Therefore if the answers you've been provided with aren't to your liking ? then don't bother seeking advice in the first place.. Damn newbies :insane:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been able to find a Strut brace that fits over a Kenne Bell 2.6l supercharger? I was told a Bullitt STb will work. Help Please

Merged to existing thread. Please don't ask the same question in multiple threads

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Using spacers may clear the supercharger, but then you risk not clearing the hood.. Either way, it will take some modifications to clear both the blower and stock hood.. As other's have previously mentioned, you may also have to look into getting 1/2" lowering motor mounts..

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The highest strut tower brace I've seen is the adjustable Whiteline one, but it's pricey. I don't know if it would clear your particular application.

Also, you might want to take note that this original thread is about 7 years old, and some of the original posters aren't around anymore.

07 Boss

Reaction score

I thought there were a couple of STB's that would fit with the blower but then won't fit under the stock hood. Steeda pops into my head.

The 07-09 GT500 STB will also clear roots and whipple blowers, but will require modifications to clear stock GT hoods..

Pweaze speeka swoly, no understan good engwish.

Hbaum38486

Reaction score
As people can see your a very immature 58 year old. I thought I was posting to two different areas,my bad. Sorry it bothered you so much but as people can see your a bad person and very immature. I'm done with you. Have a good life and try to grow up you don't have much time left,

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If u r going to,hang around and learn, get some thicker skin, this site is a bit bare knuckle and we expect members to take things in stride.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I had to remove my Bullitt STB when I installed the M90 blower on my 2009 Bullitt. Even after the BMR K member with lowered motor mounts, it still wouldn't fit (hit the throttle body). Then with the VMP TVS1900 blower it still wouldn't fit. You can't use spacers to raise it because it rubs the hood liner already in stock configuration. Even a 1/4" lift will cause it to rub the hood.

The only cheap STB I found that works with a PD style blower is the GT500 but you have to install it backwards. Otherwise it hits the hood. Best to just forget about the STB if you want a PD style blower.

Hbaum38486

Reaction score
Thanks, but I'll pass plenty of other forums. Thick skin has nothing to do with it the guy is just a asshole.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back