Stumble at idle

limetym

forum member
Reaction score
Having a little issue at idle on my car. When I am at a stop for a min or two the car will stumble at idle. It sounds like it happens when my radiator fan kicks on. I was wondering if any of you guys have had this problem. It started doing this a few months ago but I have been just dealing with it. By the way it is a 2011 gt. Thanks for any help.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Mine does it on occasion. Hasn't impeded it's daily functionality so I haven't really pursued it.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Is the car supercharged?

My 06 occasionally seemed like it would miss at idle as does my 14 too. I posted a thread about it on another forum and seems like this is a pretty common thing.

Didn't do it when the car was naturally aspirated in either case however.

limetym

forum member
Reaction score
car is still normally aspirated. yea doesnt really impede on the daily grind just kinda getting annoying about like my exhaust leak i still havent fixed.

ThePope

forum member
Reaction score
My 2014 does the same thing. From what I've read, it's "normal". Mine does it all the time. It's very annoying.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
My 2014 does the same thing. From what I've read, it's "normal". Mine does it all the time. It's very annoying.

Same here. I wouldn't waste your time taking it to a dealer IMO. They'll just quote the infamous "normal characteristics for an aggressive idle/hi-po engine...blah blah blah." That's a line for like 20-30 things. Lol.

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
How bad does it stumble? A minor dip in rpm for second is pretty normal for most cars when the a/c or fans kick on. If it drops below 500rpms i might be a little concerned/annoyed.

Could be a low charging situation, battery or alt getting tired? Or minor build up of gunk in the throttle body, or associated idling parts.

Last edited:

limetym

forum member
Reaction score
drops enough to slightly dim the lights at night. Was thinking of checking my altenator this weekend to see if it is getting weak. Need to recheck the battery also. Had it replaced under warranty 2 years ago cause the factory one ate itself up.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
drops enough to slightly dim the lights at night. Was thinking of checking my altenator this weekend to see if it is getting weak. Need to recheck the battery also. Had it replaced under warranty 2 years ago cause the factory one ate itself up.

See if you measure 14.4 vdc on the battery posts. You can also read battery voltage on the obd port, while driving, or idle etc, with an aeroforce gauge plugged into obd port. (or use an sct-x3/x4). You could also use a digital voltmeter across the 14 vdc accessory jack on dash. If you use something like a fluke 87 DVM, then you can also record the highest + lowest dcv. It will store that info for you.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back