SUPER SNAKE!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I just want the wheels, lol

1 Alibi 2

If not today, when ??????
Reaction score
Mustang GT with a CMS # & mods, SAI did the same thing in 2015 when there was no GT500 from Ford..

RoninGT

Reaction score
Overpriced , overworked "special" car for a collector somewhere. I'm glad Ford does this but GTD, Anniversary Model, CS none of these speak to me much anymore.

AHaze

Reaction score
Figuring these will start in the $150k range (2023s started at $140k+), I went "shopping" with $200k I don't have. I assumed there would be multiple cars that are blatantly better choices for that kind of coin but discovered I really don't want any of them.
You aren't getting anywhere near a 911 GT3 in this price range. A 911 GTS is about the same money as the Super Snake but not any more interesting to me.
A Cayman GT4 RS comes in at a slight premium and a 'Vette Z06/Z07 undercuts the Super Snake if you can get one at MSRP. These two would likely be the finalists if I found myself in the unlikely scenario of being forced to buy a car in this price range but neither makes me want to start buying lottery tickets.
Nissan GTR: Really, these are still available new in 2024?
Aston Martin Vantage and Mercedes AMG GT coupe: Both beautiful and attention grabbing. Both slightly pricier than the base Super Snake. Probably both a better choice if you're going to daily it but I can't see many people doing that with any of these cars.
Audi R8: no longer in production.
BMW M8 Competition: Probably the closest thing on this list to the Super Snake in spirit if you ignore the fact that it's AWD... and I'm kind of disgusted by that. 0-60 in 2.5 seconds though.
I'm sure I missed a few. Is there anything in this price range that makes you think about selling a kidney or doing something highly illegal?

RoninGT

Reaction score
Aston Martin Vantage and Mercedes AMG GT coupe

Whole different league. Ford Mustang was amazing and still is today for value/performance. These newer variants stray from that and maybe they are suppose to. I think a GTD is 300k? Come on. I mean if you had that money (even 80-100k) for a car you would pick Ford over Porsche or Aston Martin? What does impress me though is I read in a review (Car and Driver?) you can order a 2024 GT with a whipple? 800+hp for about 53k? That's impressive. So is a standard GT with 480hp. Also I l am a fan of the retro look. That's long gone but the value for performance is still there. Even my little SGT has quite a bit of cool for the price of a new Corolla. I guess in my opinion Ford has strayed out of there lane but if you equate the GTD to their racing heritage maybe not. All subjective I know. That why forums are fun.

AHaze

Reaction score
I wasn't saying any of those cars are direct competition for this Shelby, just something else someone with $200k burning a hole in their pocket could choose. They all give up HP to the Super Snake in exchange for something else.
It was more just an observation that there's nothing there that makes me want to go out and get a second job.
I agree that all of them make a normal GT with a whipple bolted on look like a bargain. I don't want one of those either but I understand why someone else might.

GriffX

Reaction score
Audi R8: no longer in production.
I once had a R8 V10 620HP for a whole day on German Autobahn, came back to my 2007 Mustang GT and thought to myself, what a great car, no, not the Audi :happythumbs:

But, at least the ceramic brakes were extraordinary.

RoninGT

Reaction score
I wasn't saying any of those cars are direct competition for this Shelby, just something else someone with $200k burning a hole in their pocket could choose. They all give up HP to the Super Snake in exchange for something else.
It was more just an observation that there's nothing there that makes me want to go out and get a second job.
I agree that all of them make a normal GT with a whipple bolted on look like a bargain. I don't want one of those either but I understand why someone else might.
Just be clear, I was posting kinda as my opinion to the group and certainly not contesting anything you said. I agree 100% with both your posts. And like mentioned above, it's what you want the car to do. That's where your money goes. Also I look at a car kinda like a watch. A living breathing entity of sorts with varying levels of refinement. Mustang is a mustang, even the expensive ones. I wish I could just daily a bad ass stang but it snows here. I wish I could buy one car/daily that gave me the fun of the Mustang and did snow. Those tend to be pricy!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back