Super Water Spots????

Mankussm

Reaction score
I left my car next to a sprinkler and now I have the unbelievable water spots on my front of the vehicle. I have hand washed the car twice. I put 2 coats of Maguire's cleaner wax with zero success. I attempted to clean the wheel with Mother's Chrome Polish, and it took about half off. I have no clue what could have done this, but the front grille is effected too with white water marks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Might be weed killer or some crap like that. they have acids in them.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Most likely if it wasn't sitting there too long, I doubt it's going to eat the clear coat up bad, but you don't want to let it sit there and marinate.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gonna need more than cleaner wax on the paint...a compound of some sort will probably be necessary.

Mankussm

Reaction score
Gotcha, I considered the claybar. That will be my next attempt before just taking it to the local body shop to get buffed out.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, I considered the claybar. That will be my next attempt before just taking it to the local body shop to get buffed out.

NO NO NO..Try it yourself first. Claybar it completely, it probably needs it anyway if you havent done it before..Then get you some Meguiar's ultimate compound and buy/borrow a DA buffer. Save yourself the $$ now and in the future...check out this for how to..

www.meguiars..com

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
where are you located? it sounds like that could be hard water marks.

mykim72

forum member
Reaction score
nope...just mix it with mostly water then put it on a towel and wipe the area a couple times...then wash the car and wax...

bronxbomba63

forum member
Reaction score
Hmmmm...gonna have to try that^ I have the same thing, and was wondering if there was salt or something in the sprinkler system since it hadn't been used in about a year. Washed, tried quik detailing it, claybar, nothing worked. I'll try the vinegar/water mix.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
NO NO NO..Try it yourself first. Claybar it completely, it probably needs it anyway if you havent done it before..Then get you some Meguiar's ultimate compound and buy/borrow a DA buffer. Save yourself the $$ now and in the future...check out this for how to..

www.meguiars..com

+1 Claybar is easy as pie, but I doubt it will work (but you still need to do it, like Steedman says). However, the Ultimate Compound should do the trick for the spots.

Jaylee

forum member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine had stains on his windows that wouldn't come off no matter what he tried, Claybar, buffing, etc. He used this stuff call Whink rust and stain remover. It easily took the spots off, just not sure if it safe for paint.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
A buddy of mine had stains on his windows that wouldn't come off no matter what he tried, Claybar, buffing, etc. He used this stuff call Whink rust and stain remover. It easily took the spots off, just not sure if it safe for paint.

Probably not, lol

Back