Sway bar sliding to one side and contacting reloc brackets...

BlackDragon

Large Member
Reaction score
I installed koni sports, steeda sports, steeda c/c plates, and spohn relocation brackets. Car already had full steeda rear suspension with no issues. Now every 40-50 miles or so my sway bar starts contacting the passenger relocation bracket causing a knock. Anybody ever come across this? What caused it on your vehicle and how did you correct it?

I can just reach under and pull it over and its good for a little while, but its getting annoying. I'm gonna get it back up on a rack and take measurements, but everything eyeballed good when I installed it and aligned with no problems.

skulls

forum member
Reaction score
It should have stops that go on the inside of the end links, that prevent that much movement?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

BlackDragon

Large Member
Reaction score
It should have stops that go on the inside of the end links, that prevent that much movement?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Nope I can slide it all the way from one side to the other. no stops.

The bushings should be tight enough so that you can't slide the sway bar by hand.

I can't move it easily, I have to pull with all my body weight, or with a pry bar, but it does move.

I've seen other brands with collars on their sway bars to prevent movement, its just nuts that ford doesn't have something to prevent this when the bar it just floating like that.

BlackDragon

Large Member
Reaction score
steeda poly bushing billet lowers, steeda street adjustable upper with mount, steeda street panhard bar and phb brace. Was fine with those for about 6k miles. Now added the steeda springs, koni sports, and spohn relocation brackets, and it hits.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There must be something wrong with the drop links, then. The OEM bar shouldn't be able to slide back and forth like that.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Sawzall or cut off wheel will get 'er done. Had to do it before when shortening rearends.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back