Sync update failed

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
'13 with Sync and I have been pretty disappointed in it so far. I cancelled Sirius because I feel like the quality is shit. FM radio sounds better if you ask me. Never renewed my Sync subscription either because I never used it for other than the occasional directions and even those were iffy. I have the non touchscreen version that looks like the normal deck. Thinking I might rip that out and have it replaced aftermarket.

What is this Bluetooth update? My Bluetooth sucks for connection. It never sees my phone and I have to force it to connect on my phone. Thought it was my phone but it does that with 2 other phones I have and tried it with a friends as well.

VoidTerraFirma

Reaction score
Tried the USB Sync update today. After OK'ing "Install Application" twice, sit for a few seconds, and I get "Installation Failed". Re-downloaded the update from Ford, reformatted the flash drive, extracted and copied the files to it and retried the installation. Same result -- "Installation Failed". I'd like to have the artist and title show up for Bluetooth audio, but I'll just ask the dealer to update it for me next time I have to stop by for something.

tl;dr: IT professional owned by (what should be) a basic software update.

GTvert90

Reaction score
Tried the USB Sync update today. After OK'ing "Install Application" twice, sit for a few seconds, and I get "Installation Failed". Re-downloaded the update from Ford, reformatted the flash drive, extracted and copied the files to it and retried the installation. Same result -- "Installation Failed". I'd like to have the artist and title show up for Bluetooth audio, but I'll just ask the dealer to update it for me next time I have to stop by for something.

tl;dr: IT professional owned by (what should be) a basic software update.
Have you Re-downloaded it in the last few days? Same file name but they changed some files. I had the same issue until recently

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The "Bluetooth Update" displays artist and song title on the screen when you stream from your phone instead of just "Bluetooth Audio" on the screen.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

TenSpeed

Reaction score
I would like this update. You think the dealer will do it when I take it in for an oil change?

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Have you Re-downloaded it in the last few days? Same file name but they changed some files. I had the same issue until recently

I still have had no luck. I was reading on an F-150 site about this same issue and no one was having luck. However, someone recently downloaded the files and was successful. The date on the files they downloaded was 4-30. Those seemed to work correctly – I don't know how or where they were able to get the newer files. However, the ones I have downloaded are dated 4-16 and do NOT work. I just tried downloading them again an hour ago and the files are still dated 4-16 and still do not work.

Extremely frustrating to say the least.

VoidTerraFirma

Reaction score

Yep, I actually retried the download after reading your advice about an hour before posting. Was hoping to have something to show for having to be at work on a Saturday. :frown:

I would like this update. You think the dealer will do it when I take it in for an oil change?

That's what I'm hoping.

coffeydp

forum member
Reaction score
From another site, but it def fixed my problems! 2011 GT Basic Sync

"Try this only at your own risk. I'm not a programmer, and I have no special knowledge at all on this topic. I just used curiosity, tips from others and a hunch. It worked on my wife's 2012 Expedition with Nav.

From 'install.lst' I removed the text in red below and left the remaining text as is. This tip came from another forum found by searching the web for 'E1BT-14D546-GA'. Removing this unnecessary text allows the disk to be read, but others reported that the install still failed with a message other than "File Not Found."

;+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++!
; !
; USB Update Application !
; !
; USB Installation !
; !
; Microsoft Windows Automotive !
; !
;+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++!

[Windows Mobile For Automotive 5.8]

Item1 = 8L2T-14D546-AF
Open1 = SyncMyRide\8L2T-14D546-AF.cab
Item2 = E1BT-14D546-CA
Open2 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-CA.cab
Item3 = E1BT-14D546-GA
Open3 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-GA.cab
Item4 = FJ5T-14D546-UA
Open4 = SyncMyRide\FJ5T-14D546-UA.pks
Item5 = E1BT-14D546-FB
Open5 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-FB.cab
Item6 = E1BT-14D546-BB
Open6 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-BB.cab
Item7 = E1BT-14D546-AA
Open7 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-AA.cab

Next, on a hunch, I edited the text in red below of the 'autoinstall.lst' file to match the files in the SyncMyRide folder.

[Windows Mobile for Automotive 5.8]
Item1 = 8L2T-14D546-AF
Open1 = SyncMyRide\8L2T-14D546-AF.CAB (changed to cab)
Item2 = E1BT-14D546-HC
Open2 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-HA.cab (changed 'HA' to 'CA' to match the Item2 (double check this to make sure they match!) file in the 'install.lst' file).

This worked perfect and i haven't had any issues at all!

Hope this helps the few the still want to update.

Fosters

forum member
Reaction score
Stupid sync questions, do your guys' recognize the simple command "Radio"? Both the mustang and the truck act like I'm talking chinese when I press the voice command and say Radio. All kinds of confused... lol.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
I've not figured out how to get sync to select Satellite, Radio or CD with voice commands. Is it even included?

TenSpeed

Reaction score
One thing about this deck/setup is the fact that it never remembers what I was using last, like if I am on Bluetooth Audio and I turn the car off. When I get back in, it goes directly to Line In. Bish, I wasn't using Line In. I haven't used that in months. There is no fix for this either. Best thing I have found to work was just using the voice command and it would enable Bluetooth Audio. Before I would go in, manually select it in the menu. This saves a few steps.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back