Tail-light issue, electrical

danzcool

Reaction score
Ok, hopefully this is considered tekkkkk.

My right tailight & flasher is not working and I'm not sure where to check from here.

background:
I've replaced the bulbs asa first step, no change.
I have the webelectric sequentials (which clip the 'crossover' tail-light wire) and was getting nothing, but the backup lamp does work.
I swapped the original harness back, and verified the 'crossover' light does work (dark-blue/yellow), but that the right side tan/red wires do not work.
Right front flasher and running lamp do work.
I have not yet tested if the left side 'crossover' from right works (tan/red).
It 'feels' like there is a fuse or module that that needs replacing, but I can't find any information that shows the circuit in it's completeness, just abstract portions.

Any suggestions on what to check next before I start cutting into the wire harness to check where the issue is?

Thanks.

mustangerbob

mustangerbob
Reaction score
I bought from web electrics a few years back (2009 or 10). Brand new & I had to ship one side back because only 2 sections worked. A few years later same thing happened. I contacted them with no reply. Since then I have replaced their crap with Raxiom products. Haven't had an issue yet/since with the Raxiom units.They are plug and play.
The web stuff was pulled apart & all the pins & connectors were full of corrosion. I don't winter drive & I am stored in a heated garage.

danzcool

Reaction score
The problem, in this case, is not their harness. I tried it and the OEM harnesses on the opposite side of the car and they worked as expected.

I metered the pins from the cars wiring harness and got some voltage on the tail light and on the brake/flasher, but they were very low.

danzcool

Reaction score
Okay, so it turns out a fuse was pulled in the BEC and not replaced. Ford's cryptic explanation of [FONT=&quot]"SJB #5 (Passenger compartment fuse box)" does no good to anyone trying to get power to Right Stop Lamps.

for anyone else in the future...

fuse 59= Right Hand Stop Lamps (30A)
fuse 63=Left Hand Stop Lamps (30A)
fuse 67=3rd Brake light (30A)

What a PITA, if they used simple language instead of trying to drum up business to their dealership through obscure codes, I wouldn't have wasted a week tracking this down.
[/FONT]

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back