tar removal

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I rented a car this morning and on the way past Cody WY they were doing work on the road. Spraying crap onto the road halfway out into the lane. By the time I got close they waved me past but the damage was done. Now 1/3 of the damn door is covered in tar. :sigh1:

Can someone give me a good suggestion on a product I can get at a local parts store to get this garbage off the car. Hertz wants me to pay for a detail if I bring it back like this. I didn't take the insurance that would've covered this kind of event. Super!

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
OMFG. It is worse than I thought. About 25-33% of the passenger door is caked in this stuff. And the entire side of the car has at least some spackle. This is a dodge Durango.

Not sure a can of anything and some elbow grease is going to take care of this. Looks more like a f'n insurance claim to me now. FML

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Diesel fuel will loosen/dissolve it. Then wash the diesel fuel off with dish soap, car wash soap or whatever. You can get a gallon of diesel for about $3 at most any gas station.

TxGt1

forum member
Reaction score
Stoners Tarminator! It can be bought locally and works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I just flat didn't have time to work that much of a mess off the car. Once I saw how much spackle was on the thing I was done. It was even on the rear end up the cargo door all over the place. Freakin ridic.

I got permission from work to have a detailer here in Jackson WY fix it while my coworker and I stayed on the job site. It was $175 but it's fixed and I can just put it on the expense report now.

If that had been the mustang I would've choked a bitch.

BTW the Tetons are freakin beautiful.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back