Tax money mods TToTD

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
IRA to start. Decide if you want a traditional or Roth IRA.
Sep-IRA if you are self employed.
Solo 401k if your employer doesn't offer one.

Actually, you might be limited to a traditional Ira if you are a w-2. I forget the limits to contribute, but after you max it out, you can invest in annuities or stocks.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks like the general consensus is tune and gears. Why get a tune without any mods though?

Factory leaves good bang for the buck HP on the table for tuners to pickup.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Roth or traditional IRA?

Depends on whether you want to hedge against paying higher taxes later. If you're in a high tax bracket now, traditional IRA is the way to go. If you're in a lower bracket, ROTH is the way.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Depends on whether you want to hedge against paying higher taxes later. If you're in a high tax bracket now, traditional IRA is the way to go. If you're in a lower bracket, ROTH is the way.
Bingo.

Most people are only going to make more money later in life, but that may not be true if you're closer to retirement.

Also, I don't anticipate taxes going down anytime soon. The Roth is a little bit of a "safer" bet in my opinion.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are too many variables with long term retirement planning. In the future, the government can simply decree that all your money in the Roth will be taxed when you withdraw it. Similarly, tax rates will fluctuate. If you're on the right side of the bet, it works. If not, oh well.

I do about a 30/70 split between traditional and Roth (I still max out the Roth, though). I feel that when I retire my tax rate will be higher than it is now, but I'm not completely confident in that assertion.

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
Well no shit John. My W-4 is always accurate but yet I still get a refund.

Agreed, I put more exemptions on my w-4 than I actually have and I still am getting over 6k back this year. I suppose if I didn't have 4 kids it would be closer but only if I kept my w-4 number artificially high, right?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
FRPP CAI, tune, and 4:10 gears would be my vote. I just did this to my kids car. Its a whole new feel. We also added FRPP Hot Rod cams but that is beyond the number you set.

If you have the ability to data log and a safe place to do it, you should contact LITO on here for the tune.

def67

Me^ Stuff I say>
Reaction score
FRPP CAI, tune, and 4:10 gears would be my vote. I just did this to my kids car. Its a whole new feel. We also added FRPP Hot Rod cams but that is beyond the number you set.

If you have the ability to data log and a safe place to do it, you should contact LITO on here for the tune.

To data log, do you have to do some wot pulls up to max rpm, is that why you need a "safe place" to do it?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
To data log, do you have to do some wot pulls up to max rpm, is that why you need a "safe place" to do it?

Im going to assume your car is an auto? You can just turn overdrive off and roll along about 50 mph and stop it. It will down shift to third and then shift to forth and you take it as high as you feel comfortable going for the location and conditions you have. The data to redline will be there on the 3rd gear part and there will be enough data in forth to tune it even if you don't want to redline.

def67

Me^ Stuff I say>
Reaction score
Im going to assume your car is an auto? You can just turn overdrive off and roll along about 50 mph and stop it. It will down shift to third and then shift to forth and you take it as high as you feel comfortable going for the location and conditions you have. The data to redline will be there on the 3rd gear part and there will be enough data in forth to tune it even if you don't want to redline.

No my car is manual, just wondering how the remote tuning works.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you have 3.73 already, I don't know if it makes sense to do 4.10 (Although I loved my 4.10 when I had them). I can't believe you don't have a CAI/TUNE. Thats like everyone's first mod with axle backs.

My recommendations:

-CAI/TUNE

-SHOCKS/STRUTS-LOWER SPRINGS (I have Koni)

-BREMBO BREAKS ( I HAVE A USED SET IF YOUR INTERESTED) :thumb2:

Other mods I would like to mention- CHE K member brace with tq limiters (this made shifting while racing so easy! No more missed shifts). Lower control arms, and upper. Exedy 400 clutch- Held good power, great price and OEM feel.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well you know how much fun it is to put 4.10's in a car? it's that much more fun to go form 4.10's to 4.56's.

dont be a wuss. if you go with gears, go with real gears lol

4.56's or stay home!

Back