TC stall?

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dallas Mustang quoted me $300 for the install, fluid extra. DM charged me $350 to install my gears while the stealership wanted $795 to install gears!!! I don't think I'll even bother asking the dealer about torque converter install...

Wayne

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dallas Mustang quoted me $300 for the install, fluid extra. DM charged me $350 to install my gears while the stealership wanted $795 to install gears!!! I don't think I'll even bother asking the dealer about torque converter install...

Wayne

d00d.. stay the fuck away from Dallas Mustang, period. And the same goes for Lone Star Performance.

Take it to LT Motorsports in Richardson. Tell Dan that I sent ya. They will cut you a righteous deal on installing it. Then if you want to get retuned for the new converter, bite the big money bullet and give Manny a call at HPP.

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
d00d.. stay the fuck away from Dallas Mustang, period. And the same goes for Lone Star Performance.

Take it to LT Motorsports in Richardson. Tell Dan that I sent ya. They will cut you a righteous deal on installing it. Then if you want to get retuned for the new converter, bite the big money bullet and give Manny a call at HPP.

I just googled them and LT Motorsports is real close to where I work, I'll give them a call.

Thanks,

Wayne

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mention the board as well. One of his mechanics signed up on here to give it a look and never really did anything else with the account. But there have been five or six people from the board that I have directed over there. So any mention of hearing about them on here can't hurt.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

This is where I have all my work done. they charged me $300 for tc swap. If you let them put their little sticker on your 1/4 windows they knowck off another 10%.... Thir mechanics are all ex Ford SVT trained techs......they really know their shit about Mustangs

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I stopped by LT Motosports looking for a radiator fan pigtail and talked to them about TC install (mentioned Hawgman and the board) and they said yeah we did some work for him. Anyway, seemed like a pretty decent bunch guys, called a couple of places looking for the pigtail. When I asked about TC install they said $350 and also recommended I also get a cooler. I just happened to find a real nice one (Derale 13760 Transmission cooler and Inline Tstat)for sale here from 94tbird so that should work out great. Even though I'm not getting as good a price as you guys, as soon as I get the fan sorted out I'll probably have it up there for the TC install.

Wayne

Bkid

forum member
Reaction score
I am putting mine in.It is not so bad.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back