TECHCO Supercharger Install at Tillman Speed Inc.!!!

mygt500

Stangpede Co-Captain Michigan Chapter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tillman- any vids of the sound? and the pulls?....nice numbers

travelers

Reaction score
Tillman- any vids of the sound? and the pulls?....nice numbers

They have a vid but it's not posted yet. I was also down at Tillmans yesterday an there is no hiding that the car has a blower. You can hear the blower whine, not the drinking kind. It is a wicked car now. The owner had a smile from ear to ear. He is planning on taking it to the track but not sure when yet.

tillman speed

Reaction score
They have a vid but it's not posted yet. I was also down at Tillmans yesterday an there is no hiding that the car has a blower. You can hear the blower whine, not the drinking kind. It is a wicked car now. The owner had a smile from ear to ear. He is planning on taking it to the track but not sure when yet.

All hopes of a sleeper are out the door! LOL

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Does this unit give enough clearance for the strut brace? Seems like it's pretty compact. I'd like to hear the whine of it. I hope it's got a nice loud whine to it. I heard a magnacharger today and couldn't stop laughing at how whimpy it sounded.

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
Does this unit give enough clearance for the strut brace? Seems like it's pretty compact. I'd like to hear the whine of it. I hope it's got a nice loud whine to it. I heard a magnacharger today and couldn't stop laughing at how whimpy it sounded.
Kimmer the blower has a unique sound to it. At idle it sounds honestly like a procharger. Then the whine comes on not nearly as loud as a Whipple but still pronounced. The kit is very cool all the way around.

tillman speed

Reaction score
Kimmer, Bullit Strut Tower Brace fitment has been confirmed.

Kimmer the blower has a unique sound to it. At idle it sounds honestly like a procharger. Then the whine comes on not nearly as loud as a Whipple but still pronounced. The kit is very cool all the way around.

It sure does sound like a procharger now that you mentioned that! I actually think its louder than a whipple.. If we're talking a small whipple, not a 3.4L. The TECHCO unit whines nicely!

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Kimmer, Bullit Strut Tower Brace fitment has been confirmed.

It sure does sound like a procharger now that you mentioned that! I actually think its louder than a whipple.. If we're talking a small whipple, not a 3.4L. The TECHCO unit whines nicely!
Awsome! That's nice that it won't interfere with some add-on parts. I love the sound of my whipple, but wish it was a bit louder when it kicks in, so it sounds like this thing is going to be pretty sweet.:thumb:

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
I was at Tillman's when the owner started it up and drove it in the parking lot. When the car is coming towards you, all you hear is the blower and this guy had Magnapack mufflers (the stinger-type round cans, the loud Maganflows). It does sound sweet. My one complaint about the Saleen is how quiet it is.

Ninjak

The Wolf hunts at night..
Reaction score
Hmm at idle it sounds a little ragged on that SRT...Looks good though under the hood for them.

_M_

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i saw it yesterday and it is a super clean install. i would prefer it a little less noisy at idle as well but the design may not allow for it.

but it does look great under the hood.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
No shit, I thought you had one already! What the hell are you waiting for?:beerdrink:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:tdown: I guess that is a matter of personal preference... I'm so glad mine is quiet.

I am right there with ya. Mine may not be audibly invisible at normal driving, but it is definitely quieter than most at WOT and idle. Kinda nice being stealth.

travelers

Reaction score
:tdown: I guess that is a matter of personal preference... I'm so glad mine is quiet.

I'm with you Don. I work around jet engins and like the quiet. Plus I like being sneekey.

I didn't see any dyno sheets posted so I will post the one from Tillmans.

Last edited:

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does that look like a dyno sheet from a K/b unit or Whipple at ten pounds ! with all this hype I was expecting alott more (marketing hype) but the jurry is still out at the 18lbs + range it really might shine there ..therefore being the best blower out there ...we will wait and see what happends , but for somebody that plans to stay around the 8-10 range I think there's better options out the for the money !

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back