The Computer, Emissions and Tunes.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nino Sport has them for $60. Says year models 96-06. Which may or may not work. Reason I say that is Livernois has the same thing for the same price, but it says it is for 96-04 year models

SixtySix

ZonieBaloney
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cool, I'll give them a try... Maybe by 2011, I'll have a second piece of property in Northern Arizona and just bypass this mess entirely ;)

(Only the metro Phoenix area and Tucson have emission tests)

tehsleeper

forum member
Reaction score
Cool, I'll give them a try... Maybe by 2011, I'll have a second piece of property in Northern Arizona and just bypass this mess entirely ;)

It always makes me wish I had gotten my car reg'ed in Prescott before I left that university:furious:

J

jbailer

Nino Sport has them for $60. Says year models 96-06. Which may or may not work. Reason I say that is Livernois has the same thing for the same price, but it says it is for 96-04 year models

I seriously doubt there would be an issue, they are most likely the same. MIL Eliminators are very simple devices or at least could be. All they are is a resistor and a capacitor, very cheap at radio shack. If someone wanted to make their own, Google it and you'll find instructions that are very easy and cheap. Now they might be more expensive to make if they come with the nice connectors so you don't have to cut the wires and splice it in. The only time it should change is if the voltage the PCM is expecting changes and that isn't likely or if the connectors change if they have them. -Joe

ixtlan

Reaction score
Went thru the same thing north of ya in Utah. The rear O2's are turned off in most all tunes. This prevents the ECU from completing tests for emissions purposes. So when they hook the machine to your ride they get a "not ready" error. You fail emissions testing at that point. The Fix is MIL Eliminators or Put the stock junk back on until you pass the test. If you go MIL Eliminators you need to get your tuner to turn the rear O2's back on. But tell them that you are using the ME's. Now some bad news. If your cats are gone you may not pass the visual inspection. Some states (Utah is one) actually look for em. In that case get a gutted set or the cases anyway welded on so they appear to be there.
I didn't say that did I?

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

It always makes me wish I had gotten my car reg'ed in Prescott before I left that university:furious:

I had a CJ8 Jeep which I tore out the straight 6 and put in a 360. Of course none of the emission shit went back in. Had a cabin up in Prescott, so I drove up there one day, dug a hole, stuck a mailbox in the ground and registered the Jeep under that address.

:party:

matt texass

Reaction score
Well i had this problem in august. Here in texas in my tune I had 3 not ready's. 1 for each 02 that was off and then theres one I believe for somekind of engine monitoring when you program a vehicle in anyway. Here (in galveston/ harris county (houston area)) you can only have 2 not readies. Anyway I got my rear 02's turned back on and after 200 miles of driving it still showed not ready because everytime you load the tune it will show not ready until you do the driving cycle. Since I was going off to school where they have just a test to make sure your vehicle stops and is safe to drive I got it inspected there because I was a student. I don't know if you know anybody ( i don't know how old you are) younger that could take it outside the metro and do that. Just a thought that worked for me and might work for you.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back