The new guy

Murray

Reaction score
Hello All! just wanted to introduce myself! I will soon be a new S550 owner I was also a proud owner of an S197 (05' GT) in between that time I will be honest and just admit I joined the darkside. I owned a Corvette Z06. Personally I have nothing against any of the big three but I imagine there are some in here that will give me shit for liking bowtie. Feel free to raz away! Anyways I look forward to looking through a lot of these tech posts for my future project car and and getting to know you all!

Murray

Reaction score
"Welcome back to the light Anakin."

Yeah its good to be back. Im also gonna enjoy not having to spend $1800 for a set of rear tires every 9k miles or so :/ but the vette was fun. However I am pretty sure this coyote motor is going to be even more fun once I am done slapping a supercharger on it :) and still cheaper then the challenger or camaro!

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
"Welcome back to the light Anakin."

Yeah its good to be back. Im also gonna enjoy not having to spend $1800 for a set of rear tires every 9k miles or so :/ but the vette was fun. However I am pretty sure this coyote motor is going to be even more fun once I am done slapping a supercharger on it :) and still cheaper then the challenger or camaro!

So they get you a little more tease at Hooters. That's only because the waitresses think your harmless and loaded with cash. You won't miss it. Nothing like sneaking up on an unsuspecting Corvette after you have planted a TVS or other FI power adder on the car and hand him a big fat "L". And if he beats you, just smile and tell him you're running stock. !LOL!

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
So, do mullets come with the corvette's, or is that camaro's and vette's only have walkers?

ha

Murray

Reaction score
So they get you a little more tease at Hooters. That's only because the waitresses think your harmless and loaded with cash. You won't miss it. Nothing like sneaking up on an unsuspecting Corvette after you have planted a TVS or other FI power adder on the car and hand him a big fat "L". And if he beats you, just smile and tell him you're running stock. !LOL!

LMAO dirty man dirty! It was awesome too when I would have people roll up on my z06 thinking my LS7 was stock.... uh uh uh you didn't say the magic word! It did get alot of waitresses to think I was harmless though they should put that on the window sticker

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
LMAO dirty man dirty! It was awesome too when I would have people roll up on my z06 thinking my LS7 was stock.... uh uh uh you didn't say the magic word! It did get alot of waitresses to think I was harmless though they should put that on the window sticker

Even when younger and a GM fan, I was just never a fan of Corvettes. There are a couple of the older models I don't mind, but not enough to buy one unless it was to do a Ford powertrain swap out. I came by it proper. I've taken a similar stance on Roush stage 3's as well. All hype, no go when they come straight from Roush. Just a HP number until you get a decent tune on them. I learned that wasting my money on a Roush package for the 13 I owned. Sorry if that butt hurt Roush owners...not. Then I found out a year or so later about VMP Performance, and its all been giggles and grins every time I step on the go pedal since. They have a wonderful package well worth the money. Service is beyond compare as well.

Last edited:

Murray

Reaction score
Even when younger and a GM fan, I was just never a fan of Corvettes. There are a couple of the older models I don't mind, but not enough to buy one unless it was to do a Ford powertrain swap out. I came by it proper. I've taken a similar stance on Roush stage 3's as well. All hype, no go when they come straight from Roush. Just a HP number until you get a decent tune on them. I learned that wasting my money on a Roush package for the 13 I owned. Sorry if that butt hurt Roush owners...not. Then I found out a year or so later about VMP Performance, and its all been giggles and grins every time I step on the go pedal since. They have a wonderful package well worth the money. Service is beyond compare as well.

I checked out their site. Some very cool packages. I think their phase 3 package is a little over the top though. 800-1000hp on a stock drivetrain!? Thats like driving a grenade and not knowing when the pin will get pulled.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
stage 1 for the 15 is a 700 HP package. Coyote 302's aren't push rod engines like Corvettes. 15+ have forged internals as well. Dial it down on the tune if you wish to run less than 700HP. They have that ability to tune radical or tune conservative. Tune E85 or run pump gas. It's your call. Either way enjoy the car.

Murray

Reaction score
stage 1 for the 15 is a 700 HP package. Coyote 302's aren't push rod engines like Corvettes. 15+ have forged internals as well. Dial it down on the tune if you wish to run less than 700HP. They have that ability to tune radical or tune conservative. Tune E85 or run pump gas. It's your call. Either way enjoy the car.

I most certainly will. It is a whole different car from my 2005. So are any of the members in here from Texas? Do you guys do any meet ups?

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

I bleed Ford blue, but I must admit, I do loves me some Corvette. What year was your Z? I have been contemplating trading for a Vette for a while now, but my car is paid for, and I still dig it, so I am going to hold off on the Vette...for a little while at least.

Plus, I'm still under 50, and I'm not fat, balding, and I don't wear gold chains, so I don't think I fit the Corvette stereotype just yet! :rofl:

Murray

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

I bleed Ford blue, but I must admit, I do loves me some Corvette. What year was your Z? I have been contemplating trading for a Vette for a while now, but my car is paid for, and I still dig it, so I am going to hold off on the Vette...for a little while at least.

Plus, I'm still under 50, and I'm not fat, balding, and I don't wear gold chains, so I don't think I fit the Corvette stereotype just yet! :rofl:

Lol Im actually fatter and balder now then I was when I had the Z. It was a 2006 and I really enjoyed it don't think you can go wrong with either car tbh

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score

Don't forget the gold nugget bracelet, pinky ring, Rayban Aviator sunglasses, and the Halston Z14 cologne...oh and the Color coordinated Corvette logo polo.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back