The Rebirth (Build thread)

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
Well as many of you know I totaled my 2013 5.0. I thought long and hard about holding out for the 2015, but with it being 5 months away I knew I couldn't make it. I still have the paxton sitting in the garage which will go on in the very near future. I will be purchasing wheels within the next week or two. Can't decide on what I want at the moment. Need something that will hook and look nice, but dont want to give up much in the 60'. Suggestions and pics of RR with rims welcome. Well enough of all the blabbering....

here is the replacement.

1zlelnq.jpg

15reiz9.jpg

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Okay, so you're specifically speaking about a strip setup? You worded it as like you were talking about regular street wheels...

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Beefcake is running a special on Racestars right now. If you don't want skinnies up front you can run 17x7 or 17x8 with a normal sized tire. The backspace will be off by about .5" but it's not much of a tradeoff to have matching wheels with normal sized tires imo.

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
Will 18s with a good DR hook? I'm going to be honest my car got away from me with 18s on it no drag radials. I don't want to be in that boat again.

Any one running 18s that can comment on the traction and their set up?

The wheels I was looking at are the Weld RTs, but I do like the idea of a set of nice 18s.

Again suggestions welcome

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Dang Sargent, what happened to the white car? I thought I read somewhere on here about you wrecking it or something, but never saw/read any details. That sucks man, your white car was a great looking Stang. Stormtrooper FTW!

But RR is a great color choice. Can't wait to see how it comes along.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107745

Its gone :(

I have been shopping for used or new wheels all week and cant make up my damn mind.... please help lol

I have no idea how I missed that thread. Anyway, sucks to see that happen, but glad you and your passenger were OK.

As far as tires and wheels, I lurk around the classifieds section on SVTperformance (The Market), and I often see nice wheel/tires set ups for slae over there. It may be worth spending a little time over there searching.

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
I've spent hours over there. I have looked at every new wheel thread for the past week..... lol currently considering a set of F14s but I really dont want 20s.

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
I am running for the track for now.. my factory 18's with M&H 275/45/18 I have 2010 sportline springs and steeda struts and shocks, steeda adj uca, J&M LCA, and bmr pan hard. Stock DS and spec stage 3 clutch.. low 1.6 60's consistently

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
Quick update.

Purchased-
-18x9 and 18x10 AMR silver wheels w/ Nt555rs on the rear. (In the mail)
-Off road x pipe(In the mail)
-Parts needed to reinstall the paxton (Ordered)

Plan to purchase in the near future-
-Line lock (Tonight or tomorrow)
-Tune (Went with JPC last time and was happy, still undecided but likely JPC and Soon)
-Fuel System (Probably wont order until after Christmas unless and amazing deal pops up.) "Happy [girlfriend/future fiancee and future wife lol] = happy life"
-Torque Converter (Eventually)

Still undecided on a big part of this paxton install. After talking to a few people I learned that to run the 3.6'' pulley you have to move the idler pulley over. So basically if I dont go 3.6 when I install this time then I will have to remove the head unit to pulley down once the fuel system is purchased.

So risk the 3.6 on BAP and 93 octane or suffer through removing head unit once I have fuel....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back