"The Tank"

sfadchi

Team Lethal
Reaction score
Well "The Tank" arrived today from Fed-Ex, and I'd like to share my first impressions with you guys. The piece looks absolutely great! The powder-coating looks very well done, and the welds are also very professional. One big difference I notice was the barbed fittings look exactly like stock specs. I can tell you there is no way they are slipping off. Another nice feature is that it comes with a drain valve, or a threaded aluminum plug for the drain hole. I'm going to be running the plug so I'm not tempted to use ice at the track. I've been told this is one of the first runs and that the final finished production version is going to be even nicer, even though I can't see how. I'll post more pictures once I get this bad boy installed, and start beating it up at the track!

Mello Heinemann Racing: Performance Products for Auto Racing Enthusiasts

DSC01936.jpg

DSC01934.jpg

DSC01935.jpg

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looks good Chris and more capacity too!

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
I just wanna get rid of that offsetting bright coolant tank, but a black intercooler tank. Kinda sucks. would be pretty nice to have something like that to really clean it up... see what I mean:

4283365570_f1b6c0ef03.jpg

sfadchi

Team Lethal
Reaction score
I just wanna get rid of that offsetting bright coolant tank, but a black intercooler tank. Kinda sucks. would be pretty nice to have something like that to really clean it up... see what I mean:

4283365570_f1b6c0ef03.jpg

Yeah I got ya now. It might work for you. You should drop them an email.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
I don't think he realized I had a twin screw... lol. It'll work... it's just a bit expensive.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well "The Tank" arrived today from Fed-Ex, and I'd like to share my first impressions with you guys. The piece looks absolutely great! The powder-coating looks very well done, and the welds are also very professional. One big difference I notice was the barbed fittings look exactly like stock specs. I can tell you there is no way they are slipping off. Another nice feature is that it comes with a drain valve, or a threaded aluminum plug for the drain hole. I'm going to be running the plug so I'm not tempted to use ice at the track. I've been told this is one of the first runs and that the final finished production version is going to be even nicer, even though I can't see how. I'll post more pictures once I get this bad boy installed, and start beating it up at track.

Why wouldn't you run ice at the track? Isn't that what these are designed for?

Back