This weeks drag racing

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Don is planning on going to the Q Friday and then Barona Saturday, as long as he's not having problems with his tires fitting on the car.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I added spacers tonight, so the tires seem fine. So, yep... I'm still planning on the Q and Barona.

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Reaction score
So how was the Q last night? How prepped is Barona? and who is still going?

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I'll have two video's of Don racing, I miss two races Donna did; sorry Donna.

The weather wasn't good for the car and just as Don said he would be in the low 7's.
On Don's 3rd run, he was next in line to race when Donna notice water dripping (steady stream) from the car. Don checked it out, but could not completely be sure where it was coming from. Then we notice that the water pump for the supercharger was not pumping water. After that Don called it a night.
So until he gets the water pump fix, Barona may not happen for him today.

don_w

Reaction score
So how was the Q last night? How prepped is Barona? and who is still going?
As usual, the Q was "so-so". We made 4 runs, and didn't hook on any of them. 60-ft times were only in the high 1.6/low 1.7 range, ETs in the 7.20s and traps speeds about 96mph. The air was really bad (humid), which hurt too. And to top it off, right before the 5th run, the car was leaking I/C water bad, so I pulled out of the staging lanes. But it inexplicably stopped before I pooped the hood, and we couldn't find where it had been leaking from. And then I noticed the I/C pump wasn't running at all. That ended our night.

But even with all that, it was still great to finally strap on a helmet again and make a few runs after almost 11 months away from the track.

As far as Barona goes, the prep there is very good. It is owned by four racers who understand how a track should be run.

The big question for me is... can I figure out (and fix) my I/C problem in time to make it later today? The odds don't look good to be honest.

don_w

Reaction score
I'll have two video's of Don racing, I miss two races Donna did; sorry Donna.

The weather wasn't good for the car and just as Don said he would be in the low 7's.
On Don's 3rd run, he was next in line to race when Donna notice water dripping (steady stream) from the car. Don checked it out, but could not completely be sure where it was coming from. Then we notice that the water pump for the supercharger was not pumping water. After that Don called it a night.
So until he gets the water pump fix, Barona may not happen for him today.
LOL... typing at the same time!:beer:

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Its odd for something to leak and then stop leaking.. no chance the leak was A/C condensation??? And how is the intercooler pump wired in? does it start pumping as soon as you turn the key?

don_w

Reaction score
A/C was never on, but there was a lot of condensation on the ice box. There was also probably a gallon of water missing from the box, so it went somewhere. And yes, the pump runs with the key on.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Just talked to Don and the water pump for the supercharger is working now??? The water leak my have come from the drain connection, it may have not been connected correctly last night.
So Don & Donna will be going to Barona now.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes tonight - I miss the classic 'don & donna vids'...:thumb:

Do you have that quick connect on your resevoir drain? That thing is easy to 'half-snap' and leak when you think it's on. Betcha anything that's what it was - happened to me several times in the beginning when I had it till I got wise and double checked it everytime.

The only thing is when that happens, it is also very common to get air up in the system. Just for sure, I would make sure you have no air in your lines before barona tonight if I were you...:idea:

Last edited:

don_w

Reaction score
Yea, its the quick disconnect. I don't like it very much. It's hard to reach and get seated right. I'm going to replace it with some sort of a T fitting... but not today.

I let it run for about 10 minutes today, and all is well. Should be good to go. :thumb:

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Should the pump be running no matter what with the key on? or is there some kind of controller?

don_w

Reaction score
It should run whenever the key is on. Same for my Meziere water pump.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea, its the quick disconnect. I don't like it very much. It's hard to reach and get seated right. I'm going to replace it with some sort of a T fitting... but not today.

I let it run for about 10 minutes today, and all is well. Should be good to go. :thumb:

Yep - sounds good and good luck tonight.

Next time we see each other, look at the check valve set-up on mine. Even though it's the trunk, it's the same idea and might give you some ideas. I love it over that quick disconnect thing.

don_w

Reaction score
weather wise barona looks to be cool once the sun goes down...
Yea, but the humidity is pretty high again today. My car can handle heat and altitude, but humidity sucks the life out of it. That damn water... you cant compress it and you can't burn it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back