Thoughts on rims.

Viperrmk

forum member
Reaction score
Alright guys I'm having a hard time here. I really want some new rims for my car but want to keep them 18's and I'm looking for a silver or gunmetal color. Now I really like these

W112-V.jpg

But no way I'm paying $624 a rim :omfg:. I like the SVE drifts in silver but they don't make them in 18's. So does anyone have any other suggestion's?

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
A new found respect will be given if you buy those. I wish I could afford a set

Viperrmk

forum member
Reaction score
A new found respect will be given if you buy those. I wish I could afford a set

HAHA trust me I thought about it long and hard and then almost kicked my self for thinking about spending $2500+ on just rims.

Think what I might just end up doing is getting the 18 SVE's in black and plasti dipping them to a silver/gunmetal color.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you.

I just PM'd Jarrod from LMR to ask if silver drifts will be available again. I like AMR's, but the charcoal is real dark and I don't want matte. I don't want to buy new wheels and have to plasti-dip them to get what I want...but am considering it, too.

I think our heads are in the same place.

Viperrmk

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you.

I just PM'd Jarrod from LMR to ask if silver drifts will be available again. I like AMR's, but the charcoal is real dark and I don't want matte. I don't want to buy new wheels and have to plasti-dip them to get what I want...but am considering it, too.

I think our heads are in the same place.

I just called and spoke with someone from LMR earlier today and asked the same question, they said pretty much said no. The only silver SVE drifts in 18's are for the 04 off set.

I'm really contemplating plasti-dipping them, maybe I can find a used set.

28ONE

Reaction score
Those are some sick rims! I've seen them in person on my mechanic's Roush 427R. For some reason I believe he had to change the studs...

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Why dont you just get the drifts powdercoated?

Kinda takes away the point of the drifts in the first place...price. $100+ per wheel for powdercoating, right? At mid-upper 200's per wheel, you might as well go with TSW's or something similar.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Alright guys I'm having a hard time here. I really want some new rims for my car but want to keep them 18's and I'm looking for a silver or gunmetal color. Now I really like these

W112-V.jpg

But no way I'm paying $624 a rim :omfg:. I like the SVE drifts in silver but they don't make them in 18's. So does anyone have any other suggestion's?

I have a set of these in black I can make you a smoking deal on. They're still new in the box from FRPP.

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Those are nice but for that price I would go Vossen personally. No real input on other brands but those TSW's above are nice.I wonder how the bronze would look on Sterling....

Viperrmk

forum member
Reaction score
I have a set of these in black I can make you a smoking deal on. They're still new in the box from FRPP.

I doubt it will be anywhere around the price range I'm looking for, but shoot me a PM with that you have.

Kinda takes away the point of the drifts in the first place...price. $100+ per wheel for powdercoating, right? At mid-upper 200's per wheel, you might as well go with TSW's or something similar.

Yep! This pretty much.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
I just pretty much got the green light for new wheels, but I can't find any "must haves" either. Op, maybe you're right and Plasti-dipping some drifts is the way to go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Viperrmk

forum member
Reaction score
I just pretty much got the green light for new wheels, but I can't find any "must haves" either. Op, maybe you're right and Plasti-dipping some drifts is the way to go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yep seems like the best way. That way I can also get the color I want. If I want it a little lighter or darker or maybe more of a gunmetal.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Have you thought about forgestars? I'm running 18x10s on my car and I love the set up. It may be a little higher price point than your Drifts, but no where near the price of those BBSs in your original post. I got mine used from a forum member, but I hear that jay at hypermotive can give you a good price on a set.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
^Agreed on the Forgestars. I think their gunmetal would look great on a black car. I'd have gone that direction if I could have found a used set, but I couldn't quite justify the price of a new set. I say wait and see what kind of price Mikey puts on his CF10's when he finally parts his car. Had I not got antsy I might have been more patient made a stronger play for his setup.

Silverrider

forum member
Reaction score
20130726_192708_zps11c71c70.jpg

just went with charcoal 20" amr's, I almost went with the 19" silver ones... I bet you would be happy with the silver ones. the other rims are sweet but so damn much money! mine costed $1709 for 4 20x10 rims and 285 tires all the way around!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back