time for a proper introduction

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
Im bored, i want to document my build. Might as well share it and try to get some attention :chewie:...so i gathered everything to start from the beginning and get some ideas.

2013 gt!!!!!!! named it charlotte.
as soon as i seen the 13 mustang i knew i had to have one. I decided after a while to sell my nissan 350 and get a v8...what better platform than a coyote?! Besides a z06....

First day of pickup...feb of 2013 with 46 miles.
3.55 gears
recaros
base

first burnout

first mods were boss 302 LS wheels
rtr decklid
roush lower and upper grills (grrrrrilllleeeessssss)
bmr relocation brackets
bmr lca's
bmr springs
and koni yellows.
Bassani mufflers
airaid intake (woosh sound more than anything
hurst shifter
bama tune (i know...)

i went through a few parts trying to be different....such as che brackets vs bmr... I tried the che first and i didnt care for them. I did do the install wrong at first and botched the che brackets. In the end, i ended up buying the BMR stuff which bolted right up.

BASSANIIII!!! i originally wanted borla s types; however, after listening to thousands of youtube videos, i enjoyed the sound of the bassani with offroad pipes better.

i really enjoyed these mods..car hooked and scooted. At least thats how i felt. Going from a 350z to a coyote was a HUGE DIFFERENCE FOR ME.

Fast forward about 2 years later, i have the mod bug again. I wanted to get serious about this car. This is my first brand new car and most likely last. Being 23, living on my own, and buying a brand new car was a huge thing for me. I am in no rush to buy a house at the moment and plan on continuing school next semester.

then the next piece was headers, because i live in california i decided on shorty headers to be able to switch between offroad and oem cats...my my was that a pain.

i didnt feel any gain, i doubt there was any with the oem cats in place. I loved the sound it gave me though..a good rumble

2 videos, 1 with h pipe 1 with x...

h pipe first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw_GzuzrcdM

x pipe next

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3KZAylovJY

i stuck with the h pipe for a long time.

Mods on the list:
airlift
carbon fiber dss
SUPERCHARGE!!!

so far i have got 2 out of the 3
First was the airlift...i disliked being at 1 ride height all the time and the harshness of the coil overs i had in my 350z. I wanted to see what the bag life was about. I definitely was not dissapointed, even coming from bmr springs and koni yellows.

Bought the kit used from HellsBells and installed the kit in my driveway. It was definitely a fun learning experience. I tested different wheels also.

My favorite wheel has always been the volk te37, especially the super lap edition. Unfortunately, volk does not make the offset i need/want that would give me the look i definitely want. Fortunately varrstoen does. I get alot of hate from the ricer crowd because of the knock off version of the volks; but my car is still more functional than 90% of the haters.

so this is where the car sits for right now

at first i mounted nitto invos. They were great! for 3000 miles. Recently switched to Extreme contact DW. What a world of difference!!!!

BUT FIRST! LET ME TAKE A SELFIE!

my recaro seats did not like the dirt.

step 2: CARBON FIBAAAAA. i went with shaftmasters aluminum at first. Because of my car being lowered and no way to change the pinion angle, i got vibrations @ 85+mph. I had 2 choices; buy uca (which i already have gear whine from the bastard 3.55 gears), or get a driveshaft from DSS with the CV joint. So i convinced myself to upgrade. I was very happy about the vibration being gone and the driveshaft was purrrddddddyyyy

Step 3: supercharger..

ive spent months trying to decide between tvs and a vortech/paxton. Because i live in cali i need a way to at least look smog legal. This one time at band camp...while drinking captain morgan and dr. pepper (DP!!!). I made the decision and went shopping. ALOT OF MONEY LATER!!! and the next morning, i realized what i had done. I have not stopped smiling since.

I ordered 2 aem gauges and a 2 pod pillar:

a polished paxton kit from five.slow

lund tune (the beef)
52 lb injectors (the beef)
jlt intake (all thanks to beefcake!)

The plan is to run a 10 second 1/4 mile @ 130 mph.

i just had an offroad x pipe put in the other day too!!!

and some visual mods to complete the look i want; volk center caps( im planning to cover up the middle portion, i dont want to try and pass the wheels off as volk), red open ended lugs, red valve stem covers, and i plan to get a willwood bbk down the road with slotted rotors all the way around to complete the look i want.

car parts have been rolling in every day it seems like. This will be my first experience with F.I. as well...i will keep this thread updated as much as i can. In middle of all this...ill be drinking alot of beer and having what fun i can....

BEEP BEEP!

Last edited:

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Love the stance on this and work being done on the drive, I like doing mods outdoors whenever possible also,:cheersman: nice ride. You should be knocking down 10sec passes in no time

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
header%20install.jpg

You need to warn us before you post this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 My freakin OCD meds hit the skidz when I saw this disaster!!!:facepalm::thud:

Car looks sick homie!!!:peace:

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
You need to warn us before you post this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 My freakin OCD meds hit the skidz when I saw this disaster!!!:facepalm::thud:

Car looks sick homie!!!:peace:

Hahahaha. I have to do most of my work outside as of now. That was my old house and I was in the process of moving too during that picture...Darren let me tell you about the water spots I have on my black car...

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Just messin witcha!! As for a black car? You're a bigger man than I. LOL!!

Love your car man!

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
I will be safe running the stock spark plugs for a while until I can get a set of 1 step colder ngk's ya?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back