Time to buy new front skinnies... what are you using?

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I need to get a new pair of front tires for the track. I'm running 15x3.5" Weld Draglites, and have been using Mickey Thompson ET Fronts, 26x4.50-15 (http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=MTT-3007).

Before I order new tires, I thought I'd see what 15" front skinnies you guys are using and how you like them. I'd also like to hear pro/cons about going to a different diameter... should I stick with a 26" or go larger?

don_w

Reaction score
I haven't checked into Moroso's yet. I'm partial to M/T's, but I'd like to hear what others are using... including Moroso, Hoosier, etc.

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don, I am using some cheapo radials ($40 each) that Derek @ Dagostino recommended.

don_w

Reaction score
I ordered the M/T 26 x 7.50-15 Sportsman Fronts. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MTT-1572&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Since I only use them at the track, I decided to stick with the 26" diameter. I'm already used to that size for staging and reaction times. I didn't want to change the rollout characteristics at this point... that would just be another variable to deal with. And even though they are 4 lbs heavier than the ET Fronts I had (16 vs 12), they are also 4 lbs lighter than the 28" Sportsman Fronts (16 vs 20). So, that's a reasonable compromise for me.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
15" rims clear the front stock brakes just fine (if you've got the right rim)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back