Tip for reducing electric bills

MTAS

Flesh is the Law
Reaction score
I was a doubter of this, but am a believer after nearly a year. We live in the Tampa area, about 2000 sq ft living space. We installed a small window unit in our bedroom which we run at 68* from about 930pm to 7am every day. The rest of the house is kept at 80* (it's just us) unless we have guests, then we'll drop it to 77* or so. After nearly a year, the difference in the amount of energy used is pretty noticeable!

Attachments

• TECO.jpg
    TECO.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 19

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
I was going to post mine, but my electric website only has pay bill option. cant view usage.. dumb

Boy

forum member
Reaction score
Can someone elaborate on what they keep there thermostat settings programmed for throughout the day.

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
80* all day all night.

There is a nice thermostat called neat that I will get one day $250$ ouch. but you can controll it wirelessly and it learns how and when you change the temp and starts adjusting automaticcaly.. supposed to really help save on energy cost

Last edited:

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
I've got programmable thermostats upstairs and downstairs. They go up to 80 during the day, and right before we get home they kick down to 75.

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
Even with ceiling fans, isn't 80 to hot?

not at all. if it feels to hot for you, then try 79, then 78.. but 80 and when I go in a room I turn the ceiling fan on. feels very nice, sometimes I turn the fan off because it gets chilly. lol.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I've kept mine at 79 for the last 4-5 years. I work outside so coming home to 79 feels great. If I turn it down any lower then I need a blanket over me when I go to bed.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back