Tire options for 15x10 RaceStars without rubbing

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on drag tires for the RaceStar 15x10 (7.25" backspace, 44MM offset).

I have a Whiteline Watts link, so everything is centered-up nicely.

I have also deleted the assembly line metal holding / bump stop brackets (and added bump-stop relocation brackets) and I run Steeda Sport Springs. I'm also installing sway bar relo brackets to accommodate the 15" rims.

Tire-wise...I want to go as wide as possible, but I also want to pick a size that doesn't rub the fenders and wreck my paint / cut into the tires.

Thanks...

Shane

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
275\60/15 MT ET Pro? Or R

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
275\60/15 MT ET Pro? Or R

I saw where 05Stroker claimed he was running 325/50/15 MT DRs...quite a difference in width.

05, are you around to clarify?

Bear in mind all of my mods to add inside clearance; main concern is outboard clearance (not hitting fender).

Hmmmmmm

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shane 325/50/15's on Race Stars with Steeda Sport Springs. Tires definitely out side the fender line.

Since the above picture I added an Air Lift Performance suspension and narrowed the differential 1" per side to tuck the DR's in with the suspension aired out.

This picture is aired out with the rear of the car held up by the differential resting on the over axle pipes.

3/4" narrowed per side would have been perfect as I have added 1/4" spacers since the tires were rubbing on the Air Lift shocks. This shows were the tires rubbed on the shocks.

From the side.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
I ran 295-55's on a 15x10 with no issues at all, I wanted a 325 but had heard that some had clearance issues so I didn't chance it. (not the best best pics for detail but maybe they'll help)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back