TMI Seat Brackets from LMR won't fit my 08 GT???

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
So, about a month back, I bought TMI seat brackets, part #TMI-0514TRACK so that I could prepare to install my TMI Pro-Chicane seats. The brackets were being sold by LMR on Ebay under the seller name, MUSTANGPARTSINSTOCK. Normally, these brackets are $200+, but LMR was selling them for $50! I was so skeptical, I sent them several emails, and they confirmed these will work for any Mustang 05-14. After Ebay purchase, I even got an LMR invoice by email saying these were for the 05-14.

Not even close. Holes don't line up with the floorboard bolt holes/studs no matter how hard I try. I called TMI, and they are going to exchange them, but there is a 2 week lead time. They say they have never heard of this issue before. I am lost, and I'm a little worried that the new ones won't fit.

My only optimism comes knowing that perhaps LMR was dumping them off because they had a batch that didn't fit right, and TMI will now be selling me a good pair.

Anyone else have a problem with TMI seat brackets?

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Did you contact LMR? Maybe they have more in stock and could send you one quicker. Their customer service is good about taking care of the customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
LMR won't help because they are saying their Ebay store is a separate entity . . . despite the fact I got an invoice from LMR after paying via Ebay.

Frustrating, as there is no way to know if LMR sold me something they knew to be subpar, or whether this was a bad batch, or whether it was a "one-off" problem with this specific set. The fact they sold the set for $50 makes me suspicious they knew they were not up to the standards of normal retail . . . I should have known it was too good to be true.

In the end, I might have to return the set I got and get my $50 back, only to buy a new set straight from TMI for $200. In the meantime, my sweet new seats are sitting on my bedroom floor.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I work at Home Depot part time and its the same deal. HomeDepot.com is like a seperate entity from the stores which creates issues with returns as well.

That being said, ebay will back you up if you complain to them. They will make it right. Ive had to go to ebay for an item that was shipped but I never received and the seller wouldnt respond. They gave me a refund within 24 hours. Its not apples to apples but Im confident either LMR or ebay will make it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
LMR has been disappointing. The guy on the phone was borderline rude when he said he couldn't help. When I wrote them via Ebay, they just refunded my $50 without explanation or attempt to resolve the fitment.

So, now I'm left with the decision . . . do I pay $200 for new ones and hope this isn't a systemic problem with TMI's brackets, or do I just modify the original pair, which I now have $0 invested in.

Strangely, after some investigation, TMI has two part numbers for 05-14 Mustangs: 47-5274 and 47-5004. My LMR invoice was for 47-5274, but the brackets they sent (that don't fit right) are stamped 47-5004.

When I called TMI, the guy says he has 31 sets of the 5274 in stock and 2 sets of the 5004 . . . but both show for our Mustangs and he doesn't know what the difference is (if any) between the two >:

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
Closeout.

So, TMI took my measurements of the brackets I had gotten from LMR and the measurements of the bolts/holes in my car. A supervisor called and said the brackets I got from LMR are legit -- they are the same measurements as any new brackets they could sell me. He speculated that I was only charged $50 because they were liquidating inventory (as opposed to dumping off illegitimate brackets).

The only explanation he could offer for the misfit is that Ford's OEM seat mounts have a little bit of a "slot" to them, allowing for a certain amount of variance in the floor pan mounting bolts/holes. Combined with a certain amount of variance in their brackets, I just ended up "off." I suppose that's called "tolerance stack." Anyway, he recommended that I just slot the holes in the brackets I have in order to make them fit.

Since the brackets are basically free now (with the LMR refund), I guess I'll do that, throw a quick coat of flat black primer/paint to them, and count myself lucky. I haven't even removed the passenger side yet, so I'm hoping the bracket there doesn't need modification.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Closeout.

So, TMI took my measurements of the brackets I had gotten from LMR and the measurements of the bolts/holes in my car. A supervisor called and said the brackets I got from LMR are legit -- they are the same measurements as any new brackets they could sell me. He speculated that I was only charged $50 because they were liquidating inventory (as opposed to dumping off illegitimate brackets).

The only explanation he could offer for the misfit is that Ford's OEM seat mounts have a little bit of a "slot" to them, allowing for a certain amount of variance in the floor pan mounting bolts/holes. Combined with a certain amount of variance in their brackets, I just ended up "off." I suppose that's called "tolerance stack." Anyway, he recommended that I just slot the holes in the brackets I have in order to make them fit.

Since the brackets are basically free now (with the LMR refund), I guess I'll do that, throw a quick coat of flat black primer/paint to them, and count myself lucky. I haven't even removed the passenger side yet, so I'm hoping the bracket there doesn't need modification.

Sounds like it all worked out, a little inconvenience for essentially free brackets seems like a fair trade lol! Good luck on the install!

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
So, I had enough. I started this thread because of problems with the brackets not fitting to the car.

What I didn't mention, the seats themselves came with the "old style" sliders that would not bolt to the brackets. TMI sent me updated versions, which don't even arrive until Monday.

But, in the meantime, the seats themselves have been a problem. Of the first two, one had excessive play in the backrest portion. Started a return and paid for a third seat in the meantime. The third seat came, but had play AND the side trim was broken. Started another return . . . no play in the fourth seat, but the reclining cranks are so crooked it looks like they were put on by a blind chip . . . and the trim was broken.

So, for summary . . . brackets didn't fit the car. Wrong sliders came with the seats. Three of four seats with quality control issues. I am returning all four seats and throwing the brackets/sliders in the trash.

Already ordered Corbeau A4s with their brackets. Hopefully, the seat quality and bracket fitment are better.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
So, I had enough. I started this thread because of problems with the brackets not fitting to the car.

What I didn't mention, the seats themselves came with the "old style" sliders that would not bolt to the brackets. TMI sent me updated versions, which don't even arrive until Monday.

But, in the meantime, the seats themselves have been a problem. Of the first two, one had excessive play in the backrest portion. Started a return and paid for a third seat in the meantime. The third seat came, but had play AND the side trim was broken. Started another return . . . no play in the fourth seat, but the reclining cranks are so crooked it looks like they were put on by a blind chip . . . and the trim was broken.

So, for summary . . . brackets didn't fit the car. Wrong sliders came with the seats. Three of four seats with quality control issues. I am returning all four seats and throwing the brackets/sliders in the trash.

Already ordered Corbeau A4s with their brackets. Hopefully, the seat quality and bracket fitment are better.
Don't blame you

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back