To My 05-09 Peeps

50tbrd88

forum member
Reaction score
I feel like I never drive my '07 with it only having 19k...some of you guys have seriously mothballed your rides! Less than 10k on a '05 or '06 is crazy!

I guess everyone else is just as busy or busier than I am! It sure is nice to roll the car cover off and take the car for that rare late night blast though...kind makes me appreciate it even more than if I drove it daily I think.

Snakethat

forum member
Reaction score
I've got an 07 with 42k. However I just built the motor when it had 40k. Now I just need a better tranny and she'll practically be new

Last edited:

VectorPat

forum member
Reaction score
Not really. Mine was paid for the day I got it and I couldnt do that again anytime soon. Mine does everything I want it to do. I got it for something to work on and play with and I cant see that a newer one would be any different.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Do you guys ever have the itch to upgrade to something newer?

I don't drive it that often, and even when I did scratch that itch I wasn't too bamboozled of all the new stuff in my 2013. The new S550's are really cool and after seeing the 2015 RTR I am VERY tempted but for the time being I'm very content with my 09 and all the effort I put in it.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you guys ever have the itch to upgrade to something newer?

Naw, I had a 2011. Fast as all get out, but just didn't have the same "machismo" as the 2005. Then I bought a second first gen s197 (an 07 Cali Special). 2015 looks fine, but just doesn't seem very Mustang to me...

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
Off topic, but I remember you ran your 05 quite a bit at the track. Any plans on going back?

Naw, I had a 2011. Fast as all get out, but just didn't have the same "machismo" as the 2005. Then I bought a second first gen s197 (an 07 Cali Special). 2015 looks fine, but just doesn't seem very Mustang to me...

RCrumb

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
15,600 miles on my 06 GT, and loving it Chief. As much fun as you can have with your clothes on.

Old Guys Rule!

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Around 35k on an '05. Not going to be doing much driving for the next 8 months...

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Off topic, but I remember you ran your 05 quite a bit at the track. Any plans on going back?

Yes, but for now I'm focused on home improvements and planning for retirement from fed service next year. I sold the truck, trailer and tools a bit ago so racing isn't part of the plan for a another year or so. If I do, I'm sure the 2005 will be a good place to start. In the meantime, I aim to put some road mileage on that baby on weekends, while the GT/CS is driven back and forth to work...

demarcom

forum member
Reaction score
Car turned 9 years old this weekend and I recently broke the 10K mark... total garage queen that only comes out for cruises and shows... It's still a blast to drive now that it has a SC, but handles like a boat compared to our Infiniti's. No real desire to sell or upgrade since i love the retro look of he 05-09's. i have seen the s550 in person several times and I am not yet in love...

Ray: you drive a lot less than I do!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back