torque wrench

jsnyng

Reaction score
You would multiply the ft/lbs by 12 for inch/lbs, but yes you can do it that way. Example 2 ft/lb = 24 inch/lbs.

Edit: Just re-read what you wrote, and you are correct as well. 96 in/lbs / 12 = 8 ft/lbs.

Huck

forum member
Reaction score
You would multiply the ft/lbs by 12 for inch/lbs, but yes you can do it that way. Example 2 ft/lb = 24 inch/lbs.

Edit: Just re-read what you wrote, and you are correct as well. 96 in/lbs / 12 = 8 ft/lbs.

OK, thanks!

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just reember torque wrenches aren't as accurate in the lower ranges, also if it's a click style, make sure you work it a few times before attemting to torque something.

Sprayin Blue 3V

forum member
Reaction score
Just reember torque wrenches aren't as accurate in the lower ranges, also if it's a click style, make sure you work it a few times before attemting to torque something.

yeah if something is rated in in/lbs odds are its too small to use a ft/lb torque wrench accurately.

Jeepngli

Anti-LS1
Reaction score
^^Thats true. Going vise versa is fine, but you're way is not as accurate

Side note: What torque wrenches do you guys like? Anyone try this one:

http://www.brownlinemetalworks.com/

Hope I'm not stealing your thread too much

jsnyng

Reaction score
^^Thats true. Going vise versa is fine, but you're way is not as accurate

Side note: What torque wrenches do you guys like? Anyone try this one:

http://www.brownlinemetalworks.com/

Hope I'm not stealing your thread too much

I got that one last month on sale for $99 shipped. It is a damned fine torque wrench. It is very well built and is nice to look at. It is bigger than what I expected (considerably longer/thicker than my Craftsman). It's also reversible which my Craftsman is not.

jsnyng

Reaction score
Just checked on the Brownline, and the discount code still works. Put the $150 version in your cart and use "Mustang" (no quotes). It drops the price $51 and gives free shipping.