TPMS Removal 2011+

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on some new wheels it looks like. I was under the impression that tires on 2011+ cars had to be broken down to remove the TPMS sensors, but now I'm finding conflicting (but vague) statements while searching for info.

I intend on buying tires/wheels already mounted and balanced...if my stock wheels/tires have to be broken down at a shop for the sensors to be removed, then the same for the new, it'd be retarded to pay for all that labor and not just buy new. If they can be removed easily at home without breaking it all down, I'll use my stock sensors and put them on the new tires and save a couple hundred bucks.

Whats the deal?

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Buy new ones .... You pay a bunch of labor if you have to break everything down .

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
I would buy new/used instead of that hassle of unmounting etc. I went on Ebay and found new take off valve stem sensors for $50 shipped compared to the $150-$200 everyone else is asking.

I'm about to pull the trigger on some new wheels it looks like. I was under the impression that tires on 2011+ cars had to be broken down to remove the TPMS sensors, but now I'm finding conflicting (but vague) statements while searching for info.

I intend on buying tires/wheels already mounted and balanced...if my stock wheels/tires have to be broken down at a shop for the sensors to be removed, then the same for the new, it'd be retarded to pay for all that labor and not just buy new. If they can be removed easily at home without breaking it all down, I'll use my stock sensors and put them on the new tires and save a couple hundred bucks.

Whats the deal?

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Ehhhh, Jayman gave me a great quote on a setup, I'll just let him put the whole package together and I'll bolt 'em right up when they get here.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
That would have been a little cheaper, maybe, but it also would have left me to wait longer then transport the wheels/tires to a shop and have them mounted and balanced. The $100'ish price difference would have taken a big hit for the labor.

I bought the full setup from Hypermotive. I paid on Tuesday morning and got the wheels Thursday afternoon. The wheels were on my car an hour later. I'm perfectly happy with my decision!

Speedfreak

forum member
Reaction score
Will the valve stem type TPMS sensor work on an '07 GT or will it only be recognized by +'11 cars?

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The ones out of 10' and up will not work but if you buy after market ones to put in the will.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back