TPS voltage issues

captdistraction

Corner Carver
Reaction score
I've searched, so I guess this isn't terribly common:

My car just had an issue where it went into limp mode because it saw 0 on the TPS voltage, voltage had dropped on a wot run and zeroed out. After restarting the car, everything was fine, drove home without issue.

I've cleaned and checked the plug, the operation of the TPS, and am adding a second ground strap (since the TB uses a chassis ground) to see if that helps. Otherwise monday the accufab TB gets shipped to accufab for repair.

Anyone run into anything like this? Just my luck, lol.

TurboFocus

forum member
Reaction score
A friend with a turbo 5.0 had his go out also, same scenario shut it off then on and it would reset, the dealer replaced it under warranty

captdistraction

Corner Carver
Reaction score
Just tried it again, and same result. As it hits 6k the voltage goes away.

Ill have to find a stock throttle body to use while this one gets fixed

captdistraction

Corner Carver
Reaction score
from the two runs, I now have no idea. Accufab doesn't believe its the throttlebody, I've added an additional engine ground, and now at a loss. I'll need to find a throttlebody to temporarily use and troubleshoot against.

tps1.png

tps2.png

captdistraction

Corner Carver
Reaction score
I think it's fixed. This had even unhooked since day one with the motor, not sure why it didn't stop the first time I ran it all the way up, but tried not long ago and it revved successfully. Definitely makes sense for the types of issues we were seeing

captdistraction

Corner Carver
Reaction score
BLEEPING BLEEP.

It *still* does it. I've fixed that ground issue, and installed new o2 sensors, cleaned every bit of the car and checked all connections, reflashed the ECU, reset the computer.

The weird thing is, the only way to duplicate this is:
1) have livelink running
2) start the run at 2000rpm in 3rd.

I need to do more testing, but if I start higher than 2k, I seem to have no problem finding my way above 6k (all the way up to 8).

Anyone have any thoughts? Or a spare coyote throttle body I could test with for a week?

CoreGT

forum member
Reaction score
If you were close I'd let you borrow mine. Right now it'd would take a week to get there by UPS due to our distance. Good luck man

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
BLEEPING BLEEP.

It *still* does it. I've fixed that ground issue, and installed new o2 sensors, cleaned every bit of the car and checked all connections, reflashed the ECU, reset the computer.

1) have livelink running

I need to do more testing, but if I start higher than 2k, I seem to have no problem finding my way above 6k (all the way up to 8).

Anyone have any thoughts? Or a spare coyote throttle body I could test with for a week?

So it only does it with Livelink running?

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score
BLEEPING BLEEP.

1) have livelink running

That's incredibly bizarre! If you start your run at 2k in 3rd without livelink running it all works fine?

captdistraction

Corner Carver
Reaction score
I'm testing that tonight, and on a different section of road (the same result always obtained on one particular onramp, I know that's silly but might as well check it off)

captdistraction

Corner Carver
Reaction score
Haven't tested yet. Feeling pretty under the weather myself. (I did check to make sure livelink wasn't plugged into me lol)

captdistraction

Corner Carver
Reaction score
I bought a new stocker. Should be here next week. However i did go back to the spot and do a run in third from 2k-8k. No livelink or anything plugged into the odb2 port. The run went fine, no issue, no cutout. I didn't duplicate it but this is at least something (it's not easy to find somewhere you can do repeated blasts up to 100mph)

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
I bought a new stocker. Should be here next week. However i did go back to the spot and do a run in third from 2k-8k. No livelink or anything plugged into the odb2 port. The run went fine, no issue, no cutout. I didn't duplicate it but this is at least something (it's not easy to find somewhere you can do repeated blasts up to 100mph)

That is the truth!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back