Track Rental 10 passes lots of data!

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Track Rental 10 passes lots of data & Updated w/Video!

Wow , what a long azz day , but we did alot of testing and Ive got the shift points on the money now .
Too bad the track just wasn't there , the temps were in the 80s and humid, I wish I could get some cold weather soon , this car will go in the 5.80s or 90s (1/8th) I think.

My car usually 60fts in the 1.40s , it went a 1.39 last time out and I was looking to better that . Well not today , I was in the 1.50s for the 1st 4 runs. Then we decided to move the lower control arms to the top bolt position to level the control arm, as I was told that is the proper position for it.
Went back 1st hit on a shitty track 1.46 OMG , I wonder what it will do now on a good track .

Best pass on 22 psi's was:

60ft : 1.510
Trap MPH: 107.9
ET: 6.506

Best pass with the progressive Nitrous controller.
Controller is set with a 1.50 delay, so basically it starts at 25% and ramps to 100% within 2.25 seconds. It hits after the 60ft which is on boost.
I tried to bring it in sooner but the track would not hold :

Best pass of the day with N20:

60ft: 1.449
Trap MPH: 111.3
ET: 6.279

I know the converter is a little on the loose side , but I can live with it as long as the car 60fts well on DRs.

Need a 9 sec cage so No more track for me until February.

I'll post some video's as soon as there available .

Pete

Last edited:

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn Pete, the car looked like it really moved out in those videos. I'm still on the fence with the gearing. You definately couldn't tell it had such a low gear in it there.

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Damn Pete, the car looked like it really moved out in those videos. I'm still on the fence with the gearing. You definately couldn't tell it had such a low gear in it there.

Thanks Paul , its wierd when people ask what gear and I tell them 3.27. They have trouble believing me.
My best 60ft on DRs has been a 1.39 thats crazy with a 4000 pound car and 3.27s but it works . I had to go down to the gear b/c the converter is on the loose side and I wanted to try and shift the car around 6000 . Today I looked over the datalog on that pass and its obvious that I need a little tighter converter , so I spoke to Jason at ATF and we are going to order another PI Multidisk thats what he recomends .
Not much tighter maybe 200 to 300 thats it . He and I feel with the tighter converter we should see 113 in the 1/8th and 118 with the spray .
Im going to continue to use the 3.27s, but see what happens to the rpms now that it will be tighter I may need to move back up to 3.55s.
I may go tomorrow back out to the 1/4 and try to get a full pass in before they kick me out . If not wont be back out until January with the new converter and more testing .

Pete

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back