Track rental results!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hosted a track rental today at Maryland International Raceway, it was hot and the DA climbed by the minute it seemed but got 8 passes in with my best being [email protected], 1.55 60 ft. I knew the weather was going to be hot but the Friday track rental I had planned in May was rained out and MIR was booked until the fall so we went with what we had plus I am de-modding the car and selling it in 3 weeks so I was up against deadlines.

Car weighs 3325 without me in it and 1/4 tank of gas, it weighed 3450 with the On3 TT setup and 1/4 tank of gas so it lost 125 lbs with the turbo removal, no other changes.

Best time with the TT was 11.1@130 so I was a tenth slower and 9 mph slower, the car made 580/530 on the TT setup and makes 430/380 with a CJ intake, single blade TB, Rev auto CAI, Pypes LT's/ORX, Circle D 5C and E85.
I have a bunch of suspension mods but they have not changed since the TT runs.

Jeremy tested the twin kit today, the 6060 is a tricky bitch to shift, lol, I will let him comment on his runs.

Saw a JPC turbo car/CPR transbrake car, he ended up going 9.69, once they got the bugs worked out that car left hard!

Jeostang was there as well and ran a 8.67@155 with a 1.3 60, that thing launches like a freaking rocket...wow!

Thanks to Mike Rousch for taking care of me, tried everything we could to get my car into the 10's but the weather would not support....always a huge plus to have your tuner at the track!:thumb:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mike was adjusting the shift points throughout the morning so I am not sure where he set them at.

He picked up 10 hp with the switch to E85, this was an all out for the quest for the 10's so everything was done, lol....I am switching back to gas since E85 is hard to find around here.

I was playing with the 5C and figuring out where the sweet spot to launch was, I found 3800 was where it liked to launch, I did get it to 4K but it pushed me through and started to nose over; Mike used the foot brake/E brake approach to get it to hold which I started doing as well and that worked.

Last edited:

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
congrats on the runs Greg
If you had wired up a t-brake it would have let you launch harder on the converter. My 4E(5,000 stall) only goes 3,800-4,000 on footbrake before pushing thru the brakes but on transbrake(2-relay danner) I can goto 4,800 and suspension is not loaded up too.
What was the DA on that run? 1,200? 1,400? 1,600?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
DA was yes, yes and yes, lol...it was steadily getting worse as the clouds burned off and the sun came out. It took me about an hour to get the car unloaded and the skinny/fats installed which Mike was reminding me about the DA constantly!

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
DA was yes, yes and yes, lol...it was steadily getting worse as the clouds burned off and the sun came out. It took me about an hour to get the car unloaded and the skinny/fats installed which Mike was reminding me about the DA constantly!

Yea I am thinking D/A here will be 1,400-1,600 when I goto track on the 11th to try and hit some 10's with mine N/A.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My results are a slipping clutch and a failed 4th gear synchro lol

Was fun though, car just keeps pulling harder and harder as the rpms climb with the twins compared to my single setup.

I was looking at my go pro vids and looks like my car was rolling out while I had the clutch in on the two step and sabotaging my runs, car felt much better after raising the 2 step but some how my 60ft would never get better than 1.8-1.9, son of a bitch. lol You can see as soon as I put it in 1st gear the car starts rolling.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It was loud/flames on the 2-3 shift, guess that was the WOT box shifitng?

The car moves out once it gets moving though!

Feel your pain on the 60's, hence I don't have the TT's anymore, lol!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It was slave/clutch the whole time, I know the car felt much stronger and left the hole much harder with the 2step at 6500 with no bog. But this explains why he 60s didn't get better I was tripping the bulbs as soon as I put it in gear and rolling forward. You can see it starting at 1.03-1.04 on the vid.

Yeap flames are the no lift shift lol

Last edited:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
DA was 1980 when the 11.24 pass was made and went up from there. I had a fun time watching everyone, just wish I could have been running mine.

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
Were you running a converter with the TT setup? Why did you take it off?

Very nice NA times for that weather! Congrats.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was running a 3C converter but could not build boost at the line so my 60's sucked...for me to get it to leave the line under boost was going to start getting complicated and $$$ plus the On3 kit had some engineering issues that were starting to give me headaches.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just had a friend email a pic, got the wheel off the ground!

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back