Track Seat Options

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the Corbeau Fx1 Suede with a 5point harness.

Just installed mined with sliders. Unfortunately snow on the ground and 12" more in the forecast will postpone any road test. Seats looks nice and are very supportive.

The worst part about the stock seat is the headrest. I had to tilt back way too far or the headrest would put chin in my chest. Shoulder blades were never planted in seats properly.

Infamous

BMW
Reaction score
i was in my brothers WRX the other day and it has some decent bolster seats also with side air bags. i wonder if these could be made to work with our cars?

those import guys have it nice with good seats from factory.

even my old f150 seats had better support for my thighs and lower back

so a question for dave, since you believe strongly in matching your safety equipment to your overall setup for best effect, AND you say that seats that recline arent really racing seats,

what do you think about seats liek corbeau's CR1 that recline. would this interface well with a stock safety system?

latch5

forum member
Reaction score
Hate to have to revive this Race Seat install proceedure post but I'm stumped

I still am getting a flashing air bag light when I switch from stock (driver side) to racing seat. Please double check my proceedure to and see if you have any ideas.

When I switch seats I depower the air bag system (remove fuse & neg battery
- I use a full wiring harness with the race seat including the seat position sensor & yellow airbag terminator cap from Ford
- So I have the main harness hooked up
- Seat belt reciever hooked to the harneess
- the seat sensor is hooked to the harness and the magnet is in contact with the seat mount.

I repower per Ford's proceedure (ignition on - put fuse in - hook up battery)

When my stock seat is in I have no codes - When the race seat is in I have the flashing yellow bag light.

Any ideas?

PS I disarmed the seat belt warning light successfully (both seats)

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
i just threw in my seats i just did it i didnt worry about the lights and they dont bother me as much as i thought it would

so im not to sure about the procedure

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back