Traction control off relay hack

kazman59

King of Kazmania
Reaction score
I once read a write up of a fellow that wired a relay in, that basically reversed the traction control switch.
Traction control remained off until the switch was was triggered to activate it.
I can't seem to find it here, it's possible that I saw it on the "other" forum, however, I no longer have an account there.
I'm not that sharp of a sparky to cypher it out myself.

Anyone? TIA.

kazman59

King of Kazmania
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, it is a work around. The one I'm thinking of was wired to the dash switch if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There is a temporary 12v on circuit that you wire into the traction control button. This circuit is 12v hot for a few seconds after starting the car. This effectively pushes the traction control button and turns it off every time you start the car. The button still works as normal. You can turn it back on and back off if you want. I found it in The Mustang Source forum. I did it to mine years ago and it still works great. The 12v temp on source is behind the front right side floor kick panel. I think I had to put a relay inline but I'm not sure anymore. I bet the wiring info is still there if you look hard enough for it.

Here you go, pictures and all. So easy a caveman can do it.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back