Transmission cooler

Larryfishes53

Reaction score
My 2005 Mustang project is well underway. Should have the motor/auto tranny pulled this week and I’ll start on my Rock Solid Motorsports chromoly tube front end. I’d like to run a separate transmission cooler and by pass the radiator… Is this even possible or must integrate the radiator?

07 Boss

Reaction score
You can bypass it but why??? Just add another heat exchanger in line with the rest.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
My 2005 Mustang project is well underway. Should have the motor / AUTO TRANNY pulled this week and I’ll start on my Rock Solid Motorsports chromoly tube front end. I’d like to run a separate transmission cooler and by pass the radiator… Is this even possible or must integrate the radiator?
The 5R55S auto tranny in the 05-10 cars has it's own, separate auto tranny cooler. It resides between the eng cooler and the AC cooler. I installed the B+ M (aprx 9700 BTU) auto tranny cooler directly below the oem Ford auto tranny cooler, then plumbed them in series. I also installed a JDM catch can on the auto tranny. Also installed the PA performance deeper pan, which holds an extra 4 qts. Then used 100% synthetic ATF.

With my small Roush M90 blower, LT's, hi-flow catted H, FRPP twin 62mm TB, and 94 tune....stock, the auto tranny ATF would zoom up in temp, from 170 F to 200F, in mere seconds...on the hwy, with blower on, gas mashed. With the tranny mods, it now increases to just 171 F...and sometimes 172 F. Problem solved.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back