Transmission Crossmember, ENSURE IT'S INSTALLED CORRECTLY

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Please ensure that your transmission crossmember is installed correctly. I cannot begin to even tell you how many issues I have had, with customers having their crossmembers installed upside down.

I have even had owners of brand new GT500's complain about fitment of our Driveshaft Loop....and come to find out, the car came from Ford with the crossmember upside down!!!!!

That's all...

Nice Pony

Reaction score
Yep one of the nice things about the S197 V6 is the transmission sets 1-1/4" lower than in the GT which is great for handling especially when you install the heavier GT TR3650 or GT500 TR6060 using my adapter kit. Had the same issue with guys putting in the crossmember wrong. The GT and V6 use the same part. Just flipped over.

@BMR Tech
The crossmember in the S197 V6 definitely goes in upside down from the GT. This is by design since the 60° V6 crank center is 1-1/4 lower in the car than the 90° V8.

If V6 owners are the ones mostly complaining about your driveshaft loop not fitting it is because it is desingned to fit the GT hight which is definitely not the same as the V6.

Having them flip over the crossmember will change the pinion angle which can cause a serious vibration in the driveshaft.

Sent from my Android phone...

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yep one of the nice things about the S197 V6 is the transmission sets 1-1/4" lower than in the GT which is great for handling especially when you install the heavier GT TR3650 or GT500 TR6060 using my adapter kit. Had the same issue with guys putting in the crossmember wrong. The GT and V6 use the same part. Just flipped over.

@BMR Tech
The crossmember in the S197 V6 definitely goes in upside down from the GT. This is by design since the 60° V6 crank center is 1-1/4 lower in the car than the 90° V8.

If V6 owners are the ones mostly complaining about your driveshaft loop not fitting it is because it is desingned to fit the GT hight which is definitely not the same as the V6.

Having them flip over the crossmember will change the pinion angle which can cause a serious vibration in the driveshaft.

Sent from my Android phone...

Thank you for the information.

To be honest, I have only had (1) V6 owner provide feedback about this, but probably (25-50) GT/GT500 owners.

I was primarily speaking about the V8 Mustangs, but, was not 100% certain about the V6. I learn something new everyday, thanks!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back