Transmission leak 2007 gt

stangguy07

Reaction score
I noticed the other day when I was under the car I have a small leak on the rear of my transmission. Cant really tell if its the rear seal or if its coming from up higher. I was reading about possible shift shaft seal if that sounds familiar to anyone. Can someone point me in the right direction about how much it costs for that part and how hard it is to change?

stangguy07

Reaction score
is this the reas trans seal? any idea how to do the shift shaft seal, which seams to be located on top?

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the rear seal. I'm not sure if the top seal on the shifter is serviceable.

Stinger

forum member
Reaction score
The part is ~$20. Its not difficult to do. You'll need to remove the driveshaft, then remove the output flange nut. The output flange then needs to be pulled out with a jaw puller. Once the flange is out, you can remove the seal and hammer in the new one. Reinstall the flange and the driveshaft.

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=246&viewfile=Extension Housing Seal.pdf

Can you post a link to the same info for the manual trans? Mine is leaking and I need to replace it. I tried to find the info in the 3 manual trans sections available but couldn't find it. Thanks.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Can you post a link to the same info for the manual trans? Mine is leaking and I need to replace it. I tried to find the info in the 3 manual trans sections available but couldn't find it. Thanks.

Its the same procedure. They don't have one listed for the manual trans. My car is a manual and thats how I did it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back