transmission question

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the PA deep pan with PI multidisk converter and my question for all of you is......
How many quarts of fluid should this hold? Yes it has the dip stick but I cant get a good read off of it. I put 11 quarts in it and it wouldnt shift properly so I called Tony and he said that It should have around 15 in it so thats what I put in it now and the dipstick reads WAY off the chart. And driveing it I notice a little transmission noise (may just be something rubbing) and it also made a little squeak when shifting into third gear two different times. Any suggestions?
I dont know whats recomended but my aeroforce showed the highest trans temp at 173 degrees

Thanks,
Shawn

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I put 13 quarts in mine when I installed the trans last year.

The "squeak" you hear when it shifts into 3rd/4th---could be the belt on the s/c? Also, with the PI multi disc converter, when you go into o/d it will grab and the car may lurch forward a bit.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also, with the PI multi disc converter, when you go into o/d it will grab and the car may lurch forward a bit.

Mine "lurches" hard enough that it actually causes belt squeal. And that is with an 8 rib kit and a gripper pulley on the blower!

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
I get that too!!! I changed the belt and it still does that... the lurch thing... but mine is from 2-3 and 3-4 gear... Im really thinking about getting rid of this auto and going to the manual.... so many problems with this trans or is it just me?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back