traveling

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well guys, Im about finished with my job here in Colorado Springs. I will be in Bakersfield CA. hopefully by Monday. Any good performance shops nearbye that I can swing in and check out? Figured alot of you west coast guys can tell me if there is anything worth checking out while in the area? I like to browse.

Thanks, Shawn

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ok so I found that Famoso Raceway is nearby, do any of you guys run 1/4 mile there on test and tune nights? I would love to go watch some of you guys run. I will be working at the Bakersfield Californian (Newspaper) And I will be in town for a couple of months probably. Let me know!

Shawn

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I've never been to Famosa, but I want to someday. Some of the other SoCal have been there and love the track from what I hear.

BTW, moved this to the SW forum...

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was just talking this over with ken and paul....we are going to shoot for the 23rd of this month; we'll keep ya posted!!!

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Man that would be so cool, I hope that it all falls in place and you guys can make it.
Better hurry up Don, I would like to see you there too.

don_w

Reaction score
The big problem for me is that Famoso is 240 miles away. I really can't see me going there without trailering the car. If something breaks, that's a long way from home.

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The big problem for me is that Famoso is 240 miles away. I really can't see me going there without trailering the car. If something breaks, that's a long way from home.

Yeah, thats a long way! If I didnt have to work on Sat. I would come down pick you up and take you back with the work truck on company expense. but I always have to work sat. and sundays.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ok so I found that Famoso Raceway is nearby, do any of you guys run 1/4 mile there on test and tune nights? I would love to go watch some of you guys run. I will be working at the Bakersfield Californian (Newspaper) And I will be in town for a couple of months probably. Let me know!

Shawn

Yes, alot of us run there, but only a couple times a year or so. But this track is awesome, and many people I know put down their best ETs at this track. This is the best 1/4 mile track in SoCal by far.

I've never been to Famosa, but I want to someday. Some of the other SoCal have been there and love the track from what I hear.

BTW, moved this to the SW forum...

Its Famoso. Stop your bitching and trailer that car up to Famoso so I can put your car back on the trailer. :evil:

I was just talking this over with ken and paul....we are going to shoot for the 23rd of this month; we'll keep ya posted!!!

Yeah, Dean is another one I need to put back on the trailer. I've got scores to settle so I am there on the 23rd for sure.

Yeah, so should trailer it, but I am going to drive mine. Its only 110 miles for me.

Yeah, thats a long way! If I didnt have to work on Sat. I would come down pick you up and take you back with the work truck on company expense. but I always have to work sat. and sundays.

I think I read you on what your trying to say, but just in case, you realize the TnT is on Friday night, starting at 6pm? But your just saying you need to get up early Sat, right?

don_w

Reaction score
Its Famoso. Stop your bitching and trailer that car up to Famoso so I can put your car back on the trailer. :evil:

Yeah, so should trailer it, but I am going to drive mine. Its only 110 miles for me.
No problem... all I need is a trailer... and a truck to pull it with. :thud:

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think I read you on what your trying to say, but just in case, you realize the TnT is on Friday night, starting at 6pm? But your just saying you need to get up early Sat, right?

Yeah, we usually start really early on Sat. mornings. I will be there for sure though!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back